Best place to buy saw chain..

flushcut

TreeHouser
It has to be Madsens hands down. I just called them yesterday to get a quote on a 100' reel of 72jgx and a 50' reel of 27ax the 72 was $100 less than Baileys and the 27 was, well I am not sure because I was still in sticker shock so it didn't matter. Big ups Madsens!

I'm about to go into that plan of buying a spool and making my own.

Madsen's is a great secret, IMO. 90% of their sales are mail-order.

I don't know what the prices are but you might try Amicks superstore .Tony is a good guy to deal with and often his prices on loops are cheaper than Baileys .

I gave up on Baileys for chain loops long ago. Every time I wanted Oregon, I'd hear "Sorry that's out of stock", then they try to push their brand.

Sorry, if I wanted Woodland pro I would've asked for it.

Ed

Never had that problem.
I'm getting my biannual 10 rolls tomorrow, my shipping agent just called today that my pallet from Bailey's had landed.
If there are no customs hold ups, tomorrow we'll be unpacking it.
Lots and lots of new gear:D

Bailey's does sometimes have the out of stock thing going on with different styles of chain or bars, or Oregon isn't available, just Woodland Pro (Carlton). Seems to be a growing trend with the WP. Personally, I generally haven't found that WP is giving up so much compared to Oregon, and it is all inferior to Stihl brand chain. I like the folks at Bailey's, so try to be accommodating to what they have to offer. It's like a big corporation now, but you can still deal with certain people on a personal level. I go through Sam Bailey these days.

+1 for Stihl chain. And yes, Madsens is excellent. Friendly, knowledgeable, fast shipping, and not in a big rush to get off the phone.

Back