Benefits of Mulch

next time you notice some of the weed cloth, pull up one corner and see what it looks like.

Oh, weed cloth sucks!

I was at a customers property where they had it, lift it up-clay soil....look on top-black gold. Pointless to even mulch.

Squishy, fresh chips will only pull significant amounts of nitrogen from the soil if you mix it in. If you're just laying it on top of the soil without mixing it in it shouldn't be a problem. Or so I have been told, and my gardening experience seems to substantiate this.

Cool like I've been trying to say in this thread I am not professing to know much about this at all. Zero experience mulching is why I'm asking alot of questions and doing alot of reading before embarking on a course of action which may not be the best way to do something.

Thanks all you guys for sharing info/advice, I'm starting to feel like I'll be able to proceed with a appropriate course of action.

The KISS system seems to once again shine through in the area of mulching as well.8)

I heard the other day some bozo [uk arb consultant/research big shot] doesn't believe in the benefits of mulching.....:O

The idea i think about mulch is to increase the CEC cation exchange capacity. Thats the molecules ability to mingle with other molecules.

Back