Before & After Tree Care

CV, Really nice job on the Live Oak! in the before pics you can hardly see any growth, that's a LOT of dead wood you removed! Looks great! I love prune jobs like that. :thumbup:

Stephen vs wisteria in live oak today... should breath better now and less strangulation from the vines.
I may have to work this tree again. The HO is making a couple of decisions on it.
I opened up the centre of the tree some for a view from the bed room window on the second floor.
Husband wants the oak, the wisteria and the leaning tree next to it gone.
She wants the wisteria (that was braided by the previous HO) only so high and possibly supported by what I left of the leaner. She would like to see the oak stay if we can balance the tree and the view.
They will both be there tomorrow. Only a little bit of dead wood on one side of the tree to do if it stays.
Same price either way, is what I told them ;)

Before
IMG_0272.jpg IMG_0273.jpg IMG_0277.jpg IMG_0279.jpg
After..... Sorry no view pic. House was locked up.

Attachments

• IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 45
Nice work Stephen, trees always look much happier after vines are cleaned out. Not always the most pleasant of work, though.

That was a friggen mess Leon... Well done sir!

You are right Butch.. just have to get the mind right, slow down, breath and keep cutting,.... and pulling.. and cutting..

Looks nice, but that bouganvillea has thorns like fish hooks. Nice to see vines left and managed to fit the objective.

Sorry to disappoint you Guy, but that was just a halfway done picture. The tree was a removal. Severe basal decay. Honestly, once all of that heavy vine was removed the tree was probably strong enough to support itself for another couple years, but I was just the hit man on that job. The decision was not mine to make.

decay.jpg

What an awesome thread! Just joined the tree house and really enjoyed going through this thread. Thanks to whoever started it and to everyone that shared before & after shots!

Back