Bedford, MA to Honesdale, PA Saturday by 3pm

lumberjack

Young man on the go
So I'm trying to work a deal out on buying this Carlton 7015, but the seller is amazingly lacking in any form of accommodation. He can't be bothered to haul the machine at all, incessantly worries about he money clearing, and is only available for pickup under limited times. I've told him if we can work out shipping to PA, I can wire him the money straight into his ungrateful bank account and he can save the Paypal and Ebay fees (around a grand I estimate).

I've bought a track loader from Marshall Machinery in Honesdale, PA. It is getting loaded up Saturday and leaving to head here Sunday for a Tuesday arrival. They can haul the stump grinder 1k miles for an extra $700. This is an outstanding deal, the stump grinder is 1300 miles from me, Honesdale is 1k miles away. They need the machine Saturday afternoon by 3pm, although they are there until 5pm so 4pm MIGHT work.

I'm trying to get in touch with Brendon, but it would be a crap load of driving for him and a short notice. I found the machine last night on eBay and Craig's List and emailed him from both. $24k on eBay, $22k on Craig's List (pulled after I mentioned that). I found him on Facebook through my super sleuthing skills and found his phone number this afternoon at 1pm.

Sooo, is there enough TreeHouse mojo to make this happen?

277 miles, Brendon is 11 miles off the path, within a couple miles of dead center. I don't know that he is willing or able, just mentioning it.
Screen Shot 2014-03-27 at 3.24.15 PM.jpg

If my truck was in better shape and ready for a road trip, I'd pick it up and bring it to Pa. It's really not in the cards though. My helper is headed to Shady Valley, Tn in a week or two if you can wait. I am sure he would make it happen. Fuel is fuel after all.

There's zero chance I can swing that this weekend. If you can somehow push it off I might be able to grab it another weekend and do a relay to Brendon down in Oxford? I know that might not work but it's about the best I can do. :\

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No worries, Adam.

The seller is a tool. I have an option through Bud. I'm trying to decide how viable the deal is.

Luck, bro. Sometimes a seller just makes a deal non-viable.

Thinking that there is little that I can offer in assist, here in Oregon :).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha I decided to not pursue the guy in Boston. It takes a lot to physically irritate me, but he did in spades. I'd rather see him burn in hell than send him money, and after I decided that, the stress went away. :D

Back