Bar LUGNUTS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well backontrack... The crappy chinese copy has been thrown away, I think an original stihl lugbolt will work fine, I have the one I took out, and it threads back in sweetly. But the outer thread is slightly damaged, hence I got the crap replacement. If you follow all that lol :)

Well, that's it, I didn't misread the first post. I was lost with the following answers.
It isn't the case which has its threads striped, but the lug stud itself. The Helicoil can't help.

Typical China tooling----Chinese metric threads are too loose fit. Take almost any bolt and screw a nut on. Excessive play can be noted! With a quality bolt and nut, There will be only slight movement and the bolt will break not strip when over tightened.
With that being said, I would replace with a higher quality stud and nut--NOT CHINA--and use caution when tightening.
I have worked on chainsaws where I had to use a 3/8 pull handle to loosen! Way too tight and unnecessary.
I think some people have a chain get loose and think the bar nuts were not tight enough, when in most cases, bar nose was not lifted or they adjusted the chain too tight and backed off the adjustment screw.
Backing off is ok as long as it is backed off to far and then tightened and stopped when correct adjustment is met.
Adjustment screw helps prevent bar movement.

02d2c3e9fd1310549adbf0f1f4308869.jpg

I just got the original lug cleaned up, but side where it originally threaded at the end. I'm gonna use some locktite and put it back, hoping it has a better purchase. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why what happened man?

Put the original fettled lug back and it's as tight as a nuns chuff. No loctite needed. Back to work!

Back