Bandit 1090xp?

It looks comparable to my old 250XP (disc style). Probably a good choice for residential tree work. Personally, I prefer Morbarks. I'd guess that machine is in the $35K to $40K range.

Squisher, price of course is going to be dependent on what size motor you want. I put a call into our dealer and asked him to price a couple of different size motors. What would you be interested in?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmm V thanks for your help (as usual). Probably anything 100hp+ Deere or Cat.

That chipper is a drum so totally different than a 250. I'm still seriously considering a 250xp loaded without winch from my local dealer right now. Same machine he wanted 55g for in the summer is now 39g. I'm almost ready to take the leap. I prefer to deal with a strong local dealer, and Bandit is our only dealer so that's why I'm only really looking at Bandit's.

12" machine with a 37" drum has got to be a beast.:thumbup:

TS

Anyone's thoughts on the 250xp with autofeed+, 140hp Deere for 39g. I beleive on treetrader awhile back I saw new 250's being advertised for 32g or so but then there's getting it here across the line and such and didn't know any of the other details.

i had a 250 with a 100hp cummins (basicly the same engine as deere) and no auto feed. it was a great machine but i like my morebark much betterer! my bandit was a 1993 so the new ones im sure are much nicer

Hmm V thanks for your help (as usual). Probably anything 100hp+ Deere or Cat.

That chipper is a drum so totally different than a 250. I'm still seriously considering a 250xp loaded without winch from my local dealer right now. Same machine he wanted 55g for in the summer is now 39g. I'm almost ready to take the leap. I prefer to deal with a strong local dealer, and Bandit is our only dealer so that's why I'm only really looking at Bandit's.

Wow, that sounds like a deal. Of course I would recommend the winch from the factory...hindsight of course 20/20. The one we put on after delivery has paid for itself 10 fold easy.

I just faxed back a request for a quote with a 115hp John Deere, Cat and Perkins. I will let you know what I hear.

Thanks again I'm really considering this 250 here just gotta psych myself up a bit more.:D I need to have a machine in the next couple of months so I can be eligible for the spring chipping contracts around here.

You bet, I realize there's going to have to be some capital expenditure here for me in the next few months. I was hoping to get some more opinions on that price, I don't mind spending it but I don't want to get ripped either. You all here are my only source for tree related info.

39 doesnt sound unreasonable. my modle 13 new off the lot was selling at 40 in 2004. they gave me a huge discount as it was a demo chipper and sold it to me as new with warrenty this year. its 130 hp i think and a drum with auto feed.
my 93 250 i bought for 10,800 and sold over a year later for 10,000 if thats any help on resale value. i just dont have any experience with new bandits

I just got the quote for the 1090xp with the John Deer 115 tier 3 Compliant Diesel Engine with 13" PGL Auto Clutch. Including Freight, 35.758.00, so Mr. Sir was right on the money.

I have used both Morbarks and Bandits and like both of them. I would be happy with a Bandit 250XP. My old boss bought a new 250XP while I was working for him. It was a great machine. It did get jammed more than my Morbark though and I didn't like the clutch as much as the one I have on my Morbark. Still, they are great machines. Get the winch and the hydraulic lift if you get one.

Thanks all for the advice and V for the numbers. I know everyone is big on the winch but if my plan is to get a mini as well do y'all think you'd still want a winch?

I'm gonna go out for lunch with our Bandit rep here soon(milk this for all it's worth even if it's only a free lunch) and try and drill him for some numbers on other units as well. Like the 1090 that unit looks pretty slick and while I'd be leery of a first year model of anything it just looks like a smaller 1590 so I'd imagine it might be a safe gamble.

Before I bought the mini I was planning on putting a winch on my chipper; I haven't had that notion since Feb. ;)

Think about what kind of terrain you work in Squish. I know theres times I've had to get brush up a slope that a mini couldn't get to where a winch would've made it simple.

Back