Baileys Saws

• Thread starter RIVERRAT
  • Start date
  • Replies 46
  • Views 6K
Except for the front handle, yes. All the engine parts numbers are the same. I think Jonseredbred Andrew might be a dealer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Eric I have been a fan of that saw to. I believe it to be a bit tuffer than a 200t.
Not as well balanced. Not as much power in stock form,doesnt hold as much fuel, but a very good saw!

The only difference is the handle is straight instead of the 15deg. angle, but all other parts will interchange.
The Dolmars are VERY well built saws, I thought I would break the choke lever on my Husky 350 the first week and haven't yet, so don't discount flimsy for quality, I've heard ONE complaint about a Dolmar 7900, it was a first run and the complaintwas questionable to say the least!
As for the 361 and 44, no, you will not notice the supposed 1/2lb, really the 44 balances better and I don't think there is that much weight difference in them.

Crappy video, but here it is eating a 26" log.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZbUlNTsU0IQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZbUlNTsU0IQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As for the 361 and 44, no, you will not notice the supposed 1/2lb, really the 44 balances better and I don't think there is that much weight difference in them.

Having used both saws to chunk wood, while standing on my hooks at the end of several long days I disagree. I believe there is over a lb. diff between the two.
Another way to look at it, the 44s power would put a fella on the ground quicker.

Yup, it's like looking at a 192 vs. a 200, I didn't like the weight of the 200 so I bought the 192. Now that I have a 200, the 192 never goes up any more! I don't notice the weight at all!

The Dolmar 7900, I think I'd buy that saw unseen and never having used one, something I have never done....just based on the fact that everybody who has one, just about jumps with joy when describing it.

Jeff, I'm not willing to argue with you over it, but I'll let you look at the pictures and decide for yourself if the Univent was 'balanced and blueprinted' (whatever that means). I took the jug off of mine just to have a look-see after running one tank of fuel through it.

It's a nice saw, but it's a stock 75cc jug. I will send it off to be worked over before I ever put it into service.

Balanced and blueprinted basically means the engine has been put together and checked twice over.

Yes, "blue printed" means built to plan, if that is what you are referring to, but Ridgey, that is an absurd definition. Can't help but wonder sometimes, if you must think that you have a bunch of idiots here, or you are an idiot....no offense. :roll:

I guarantee that is correct,The engine is put together and double checked by the engineeer building it,I am no idiot.

Im not sure about you thou LOL:P

I don't gaf about your guarantees, just where did you come up with that definition?
Your grammar is that of an idiot, by the way. It doesn't speak well of your claim.

After i spent $6,000 on a balanced and blueprinted rebuild,The conrods are all the same weight,Pistons all the same weight.

All the tolerances and bolt tensions double checked,So on a chainsaw it means FA basically.

Damian

Of course things are checked, fool, like the paint job and to make sure no extra washers are rolling around, but you should mention something about the fact that there are specific engineered standards to which engines are checked to, and when blueprinting, there is a plan in terms of degree of performance that the tolerance goals are intended to fulfill. Just saying something gets "checked" twice or ten times as your definition, is pretty meaningless.

Balancing is something else beyond being checked, a different process for static balancing, like with pistons, and for the reciprocating parts that are rotating.

Try man try, make it interesting at least. Education is rewarding...lecture over.

The term "blue printed " might apply to auto engines built during the 60's .However with the advanced manufacturing methods of today it really has little meaning .These things are cut to micron specifications .

A micron in size for those who don't know is 1/1000 of a millimeter which is quite small to say the least .

Back to this saw that Baileys' sells .I doubt it's anything more than a larger displacement than standard size for the saw in stock form . With that said it's also doubtfull any thing other than standard methods were used in it's manufacture . Meaning no special porting was done to it nor were any special balancing methods used .

I also imagine that if a person were so inclined perhaps some additional power could be coaxed out of it . Most saw engines can be some what enhanced as we all know or at least those of us do who delve into this stuff can attest to .;)

Of course things are checked, fool, like the paint job and to make sure no extra washers are rolling around, but you should mention something about the fact that there are specific engineered standards to which engines are checked to, and when blueprinting, there is a plan in terms of degree of performance that the tolerance goals are intended to fulfill. Just saying something gets "checked" twice or ten times as your definition, is pretty meaningless.

Balancing is something else beyond being checked, a different process for static balancing, like with pistons, and for the reciprocating parts that are rotating.

Try man try, make it interesting at least. Education is rewarding...lecture over.

Sorry its got you upset i didnt intend that,Maybe its an old term used as Al Smith says.

I also imagine that if a person were so inclined perhaps some additional power could be coaxed out of it .

Oh I imagine that thing will do just fine in stock form .More than likely once B. puts it in service we will know more .

In looking at those pictures I can already see where some improvents could be made if a person were so inclined .However if it doesn't need to be tweeked why fiddle with it .

Thanks for clarifying that Al your posts are well worth reading,I think you have a mechanical background?

What saw is that in your avatar?

That saw is an old classic from the PNW from the days of old growth cutting . Most likely circa late 60's early 70's .

Homelite 2100 S automatic,meaning automatic oiler . The bar is a new old stock 48 inch usable length passed the dogs hard nosed McCulloch .143 driver lengths of .404 chain ,8 tooth rim sproket . It usually wears a 36" Stihl 084 mount bar of which I adapted to fit this saw by using bushings over the bar studs .

That old relic will hang with the best of them on big wood but really sees very little use throughout the year .Kind of heavy to cut firewood with ya know .:)

Damm its a big saw,I brought a 046 with a 25" bar a while back its well used but still runs well.So your a saw mechanic Al?

Back