ATV Safety Institute training

thats not what im about burnham, just to many liscences. every thing is becoming something you need to get permission to do. how many farmers have quads that need to be trained and liscenced? unless your climbing steep or in a racing situation its pretty rare that someone gets hurt. sorry im not very good at getting my point across but im trying

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, I'm just yankin' yer chain, Willie:).

ASI's objective is to get new operators off on the right foot. Their training program would be largely useless to most experienced riders. I don't think ASI has pushed for state liscencing at all.

And they cover the Tread Lightly concepts, in the hope of keeping conflicts between other recreationalists and enviros down enough to prevent backlash against ATV's, loss of riding areas, etc.

Thieves are much less likely to steal from armed people. Thieves are cowards looking for easy money. Taking something away from somebody who is armed isn't easy.

Thank God England's stupid gun laws haven't become common in the USA (yet).

That's gonna change for Oregon residents in 2009, as I understand it Willie. Every ATV operator will be required to take a training course if I have it right.

i assumed this was by the state? now im lost. which is normal:)

Yup, new state law...eventually every atv rider will be required to have an operators permit...they are still working out the details of what that is, but basically it's going to require attendence to a training course. Farm and forestry use is exempt, as is use on your own property.

http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/ATV/docs/HB_laws_rules.pdf

New requirements starting in 2008:
• Starting January 1, 2008 all youth under 16 must
always be supervised by an adult over age 18.
• Starting January 1, 2009 all youth under 16 must
always be supervised by an adult over age 18 and
have an operators permit.
• Starting January 1, 2010 all persons under age 31
must have an operators permit.
• Starting January 1, 2011 all persons under age 41
• Starting January 1, 2012 all persons under age 51
• Starting January 1, 2013 all persons under age 61
• Starting January 1, 2014 all persons must have an
operators permit.
Operator permit requirements are being developed
during 2008. For more go to http://www.oregonohv.org/

That is weird, Willie...your last post was made before mine, according to the time on the posts, but mine is in front of yours in the thread.

You really are lost :D.

Back