Asolo's

Full leather Asolos here - an awesome boot and can be re-soled. I would spent a little extra for them versus the fugitive or whatever.

Damn why y'all want to slam on the kokanee for. Cheap swill up here is Bud.:P

Kokanee, glacier fresh is a drinking beer. Not a hootie tootie 'craft' beer that you can brag to your yuppie friends about.:P

:lol:8)

I had a pair of Colombia Boots that I loved, which were lost in the move. Sucks... I've been climbing in skateboarding shoes lately, but I'm looking to get these. Asolo Vortex XCR

Attachments

• l_209876_s06_ncb.jpg
    l_209876_s06_ncb.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 72
Asolo's are okay IMO. I've used them in the past quite a bit.

Now, I trade off between using La Sportiva's or Scarpa's. Pricey, but they last. I'm big with value of shoe for the buck. So, I'm not scared to throw down some money to make my feet comfy in the trees.:D

I just saw these, which look pretty nice too.

Attachments

• 4998-362176-3.jpg
    4998-362176-3.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 71
:\: Holy smokes Carl! You must save a lot of money on waterskis! :lol:

I have a pair of custom made Wesco's myself. They are sure heavier than Asolos, but they're the best pair of boots I've ever worn. I have irregular feet like Daren and have never been comfy in regular sizes.

Same here, 3 pairs of Wescos and love them all!

SuperFeet are the best insoles I have ever worn!!!!

I agree too. I put the green ones in my torn up pair of Rockies and couldn't believe the difference.

Are those Asolos OK with spikes? They aren't too bendy in the middle? I'd rather not have to switch boots if I'm wearing them.

TS

The soles are alot stiffer than they look and probably still comfortable w/ gaffs. I dunno though, I'll have to see....

Haha Bounce, didn't see your comment till now. Gotta say that's the first time someone's made a joke about my shoe size.

The Fugitive's arch is insanely stiff, spikes aren't a problem (fine in comfort) for my 265lbs.

I believe this was with 80lbs pushind down trying to roll the boot up:
DSC04667.jpg

I like my Titans. More boot than most of the hikers mentioned here though.

I just bought a pair of the fugitives and like them. Wont replace my Danner Rainforest, but a good boot.

The hikers let sawdust into the top, but are nice and light.

But you don't step high? Oh you mean fit by all baggy and sagging down.......right I forgot how old you are!:P

Yah that's why you don't get sawdust in your boot all your flinging around there is a measly handsaw.:D

I can't recall anytime that I've gotten chips in my boots. I do like long work pants though. Makes a difference!

Been wearing merrells for a while now. Time to move on though.

Back