Asolo's on sale

Those are the same ones I bought this past spring. Not bad, but not as comfortable as my Montrail boots. My right boot has a minor imperfection that causes a pressure point on the top of my right foot when the boot flexes. The soles are almost worn out already as well. But at $120 they are a much better deal than at $170. At that price I might actually consider buying another pair. I'll think about it, thanks for the heads-up.
:)

I wish they'd bring back the GlobalLines. I still have my Parallels from like 12 years ago. They're barely hangin on!

Anyone try Asolo Echo's? I have been in fugitives the whole year, on my feet 100% of the time. Starting to wear out. Just want to get thoughts oin Echo's.

I have severely flat feet and 2 slipped vertebrae in my lower back. Skimping on shoes causes me nothing but grief all day. I've spent as much as over $200 on boots, to see if they alleviate some of the problems I encounter---soar back and knees. I figure I can usually get a pair of Asolo's after my coupons for under $100, which is a heck of a deal.

It's kind of like you buying a Echo topping saw instead of a 200T. Sure they work and their cheap, but when it's your job/body, buy the best.

My $50 Wal Mart "Commander" boots and $10 slacks work just fine for me - but then I have beautiful feet! :D

shoot i ve spent over 300 on wescos but now my last pair are about shot i might try these fancy new flying boots yall wear:)

Yup! Stopped at the STP store in Boise, and picked up some nice Lowa's for $54 (not waterproof). A very good fit, and they also work well for gaffs....I forgot my Wesco's yestiddy....removed 7 conifers (felled one) Small tall fellas, got another 2000 board feet for the mill, but that's another story. As is my gaffs in need of sharpening. My hurt knee is still far from healed, and the slipping gaffs was a pain.....did I take time to touch em up? Uhhhhhhhhhhh

We have two great stores here in town that are worth visiting often. They'll have similar to even better deals than STP...including slighty used boots, or just one of a kind / limited sizes. I have a pair of high top stiff Tecnica Gore Tex boots that I got a great deal on.....they're $200 boots. And many other boots over the years.....better than STP as you can try 'em on....

I won't buy anything without a vibram sole. It's amazing how much it cuts down on fatigue.
The REIs are what I wear, although I just purchased my daughter's brand new Merrells from her for a hundred. She never wears them.

I won't buy anything without a vibram sole. It's amazing how much it cuts down on fatigue.
The REIs are what I wear, although I just purchased my daughter's brand new Merrells from her for a hundred. She never wears them.

Vibram is a brand, Teresa. Many boots these days have other sole design and materials, which work well.

For pruning, I like sticky rubber soles with some kind of waffle pattern.

I get the wally world boots also. The only problem is when I wear spurs it hurts my foot. I think I need those things that go on the spurs to spread the weight over the bottom fo the shoe.

Do you specifically get the Commander? The soles are so thick on them they're like a steel shank.

Attachments

• commander.JPG
    commander.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 77
id hate to buy something online only to find they dont fit. think id rather find them locally and make sure i like em

Vibram is a brand, Teresa. Many boots these days have other sole design and materials, which work well.

For pruning, I like sticky rubber soles with some kind of waffle pattern.
You're so right, Roger. It's like saying you require a boot with Gore-Tex. There may be other types of insulation, but Gore-Tex is considered the best.
Vibram soles can be found more & more on a variety of different brands of boots >>> because it's the best IMO.
:)

well i bought the asolo flame yesterday. also got some water proff slipons for bidding. gonna wear the boot today!

I just got the Asolo FSN 95 Gore-Tex Hiking Boots for $97.16, including shipping from Sierra Trading Post. They come in wide and narrow widths, and there were still many sizes left. Comfortable from the start, true to size, and only complaint is the cut is more open at the top of the boot compared to my old Hi-Tech boots. I get a little more sawdust in them when bracing in a tree where my leg is slightly raised and cuff of pants doesn't cover the boot.

i really didnt want to get out of the bucket today:D took a few big uns but i had the room!

Back