Arborist struggles with struggling specimen

I didn't agree and still don't as any old tree is going to present significant 'issues' especially an old tree in an urban environment. You just can't replace the benefits of old large trees so why not put the effort into saving specimen trees if the risk can be managed and tolerated? I agree it's not the most attractive tree I've seen but it looks far better to me than a row of 2" caliiper bradford pears....

jp:D

I agree completely. The soil height and the lack of a thin layer of mulch was the first thing I noticed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did I miss something in the video? How come the soil mounding over the root collar hasn't been addressed? That seems like a no brainer, if you want to do anything positive for that tree get the soil off the trunk of the tree I wonder why that wasn't done a long time ago? jp:D

yeah that just screams for attention doesn't it? But many arborists are deaf dumb and blind to the bottom half of the tree's agony.

Sterilization yeah cities like it neat and pretty. Planners do not learn biology it seems.

Heading to Ohio again this summer? if so you'll have more company this time.

Yeah guy hope to I missed last year's meeting actually in Charlotte for next week the trees are cool nice to see homeowners that are okay with tall large trees on their property very refreshing and inspiring,

Jp:)

I had responded to the video and have just recieved a quick comment back. They do have seedlings in pots for the eventual removal.
Good to hear:thumbup:

Back