Anyone ride a single speed MTB?

fair enough. :) I want one of these but I dont wanna drop the dough on something I lilkely wont use much. I think when Bub starts to ride a bike I can get back into it and tool around town with him, or hit the woods.

New_Rocky_Mountain_Bike_Rmx_PRO_19_5.jpg

for Bub :D

p612442reg.jpg

I'll be honest its not the bike its me, need to get fitter....:(

You are never to old or out of shape to get on a bike

Believe me - this young'n knows all about that stuff

all you need is a bike and a road and a place to start.

i am in training for the first half cenutry in november or sooner. . . .

DANG DUDE - get a real bike and do it on the road. come on down here where the Gaps are and ride with me.

Funny you mentioned 6-Gap.

Our cycling club "MMC" makes 6-Gap every year.

Hogs pen? Meh,, Brasstown Bald, now that's a hill!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Yes mate! Fixed on the road and SS off it, have geared bikes too for when needed, single speeds get much more use, less maintenance more instinctive riding, all good.

Rode Sydney - Melbourne and London - Dublin fixed last year, should've really rode gears both times but you know..

I am at end of 11 years of bike couriering, just starting tree work.

Last edited:
I have an old Electra Bicycle. Has the 7 speed internal geared hub.

None of that flamingo fancy pants and funny shoes for me! Buncha dorks IMO. Even cluster together like a flock of flamingos. You should see them when I am powering up a hill in my diesel. Spewing out plumes of black soot. The trail laying low on the ground, the perfect height for those bicyclists to breath :) I had a whole flock of 'em the other day have to pull over and wait for the noxious fumes to clear. Had the hill been longer I woulda turned around and done it again!:big-jump:

Yea, payback is rough. All those times those folks ride 4 & 5 abreast holding me back:evil:

And as those old guys go driving by in their over-sized hot wheels trucks,, I can actually hear their arteries hardening.

:lol:

I have an old Electra Bicycle. Has the 7 speed internal geared hub.

Every time someone asks me what bike I recommend. I always point to the Electra brand bicycles.

If you want to just cruise and have a great time riding a bike, there's no other bike on the market that's as cool as an Electra.

I have the single speed Cruiser with coaster brake. I had purchased it for my father-in-law and he was so short, he couldn't put his leg over the top-tube. So I returned it for the ladies version. Well, it sits at my house and he rides when he visits. So as far as I'm concerned, it's mine and I ride it whenever I want!;)

I forgot the name of the 7 speed internal hub, but it is stout and works well.

Mine is a steel frame, but they make some light ones out of alum. Electra seems to have dropped alot of their higher performance bikes, and shifted to mainly beach cruiser models.

Nice to hear someone else knows about Electra :)

Attachments

• ce4.jpg
    ce4.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 60
  • splash_page_logo.jpg
    splash_page_logo.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 4
That lady don't need no gears!

Professional track racing is a big gambling sport here...Keirin racing, sure some guys in the house know about it. Got a friend who has been doing it for almost twenty years, and makes very good bread. The biggest race of the year, the winner clears a cool million. Those racers, talk about being a ...excuse my French, brick shithouse! There is a big indoor track about two hours away. The races are pretty dazzling, lots of beautiful bikes and highly skilled riders, and the crowd gets into a frenzy shouting all kinds of obscene stuff at the riders.....cool!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
this thread is shaping up nicely8)

Yep.

Kill em' with kindness -is what I always say..

Or-

just baffle them with bullshit.... :D

Maybe you guys should get a tandem cycle?

Yeah- and here's what it would look like; "Me, in the front, riding like Lance Armstrong and Frans in the back, looking like Walter Matthau.....

:lol:

I say this in the utmost respect to Frans,, honestly....

I had to modify the wheel base a little.....tailgators ya know...

Now it is the full on PUMP! :\: but it comes with a bell on the handlebars like Frans' bike:D

Funny you mentioned 6-Gap.

Our cycling club "MMC" makes 6-Gap every year.

Hogs pen? Meh,, Brasstown Bald, now that's a hill!

I did the 3 gap in 2006 and Hog Pen in 1/07 i only have Jacks and unico to go, to ride them all. that is all in my backyard. only 14 miles from here - no need to ever take the car.

if ya make it this year, WAVE at stone pile as i am road marshall there - also they change the route and it is now just over 100.

I have a bianca

If you've even walked -pushing your bike up Hog Pen, you're still obviously bad ass!

We actually have a few "half-gaps" that ride with us. Even though we're flat landers here on the beach, we still finish among the top. The main perk of being able to ride year long..

Here is a future Giro rider,, Steve Rusnak who just turned 16. One of the nicest kids you'll ever meet. Just got back from the nationals in California, did alright considering there were 80+ Jr's all cycling recklessly just to jokey for a placement.
He's cleaned the floor with some of the pro riders I've ridden with...

Hey! Nice to know they'll be a familiar face in the crowd....

Attachments

• Steve Cross-Race.jpg11.jpg11.jpg
    Steve Cross-Race.jpg11.jpg11.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 4
don't be polluting this single speed thread with road biken' BS,......shave your legs and go stand in a mirror..LOL.

Ever since the new breed rock climbers started wearing spandex I swore I'd never touch the stuff. And what's with all the mis-matched colors with you road biker guys?

And what's with all the mis-matched colors with you road biker guys?

It's all part of their evil plot to take over the world by causing folks to go into an epileptic seizure by flashing all those mixmatched colors as they ride by.

Back