anyone passing thru Nov, or Dec?

thattreeguy

TreeHouser
Was curious if anyone was passing thru, and looking to make a few bucks ....
we sold a 58 removal ,7 trim job that will, keep a crew busy for November 28 till about 20 of December, (all rope downs)(over trailer homes)

all the while still serving our residential clients............. so i need 2 crews for that time period ...my climber would love to take mini breaks from the site, so we'd rotate climbers thru the big job,

so anyone passing thru feel free to give a call, 707 599 8848

$200.00 a day for climbers, wish i could do better, but thats a g a week, and the best i can do at the moment.

I still have that climber in mind here that I'd like to see working in the states for awhile. I had already mentioned it to him when you were looking before, Paul. A big problem now is that with the current exchange rate, he is pulling in about $400 a day here.

Hope you find someone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah i used to pay 400 a day, just cant do it, the budgets are too tight these days, but i'm happy to be working i know co's that arent

so is that it? not enough pay? or is norhtern cal removals not that interesting, just bumping this thing again, cause we are beyond booked, keep me posted if anyones into it, i pay by check with a 1099 form.

I live in one of the lowest income states, or so I've been told, and my ground help makes $20/ hr plus lunch (we like good eats). I have another guy that has worked a few days now that makes $12/ hr who's main duty is facilitating Scott (Treesmith), my climber and he more than earns his keep even though he doesn't run a saw.

$200/ day for a climber won't get you much of anything around here. My storm work daily bonus/ incentive/ attempted compensation is more than $200 on top of his base pay.

Working for working's sake is pointless. I do work for money/ profit. On a "bad"day I clear a grand after paying labor, lunch, and fuel, and I'm still the low bid. On a normal day it's 1500-1750, and on a great day it's over 2 k. Still I am happy with my bad days, I'll have one Thursday.

My point is I found that the better my equipment and workers are, the easier my work day is, the more more money I make, the lower my prices are, and the less I have to work.

i used to pay better, but with all the local laws regs fines and fees, i only survive each month , it is a fight to get another machine, each step forward came at the cost of 100 back...with ins, comp and all by the time i pay out a g for a weeks labor it costs me another g in comp, and taxes just for 1 climber, my prices are just where they can be to stay fluid, i work 5 to 6 days, where i know guys doing 3 days or less....i aint complaining, i just need some help, i think im doing the freaking park removals all myself with 1 rope man and sending a 3 to 4 man crew out to do residentials ,and finish my job at the end of each day..im gonna go all crazy super engineer over there.

I know a Man in Alaska who might be interested.He is probably one of the best guys in character I know.I'll ask him tonight for you mate

Which one of you is overbidding? I already have a good idea who's underbidding.

Funny thing, im not the cheapest...except on that trailer park, i think everyones scared of that job...some days im a bit cheap...but really between the clients that want their trees done right and the growers who quietly need pads cleared im slammed,
i am trying to fit in a 2 week clearing job and a 1 week clearing job that just came in...where, and with who, i can buy another chipper, but i need at least 8 to 10 more heads to drag the brush so i am trying to push them back...but they want to be cut before the snow comes.....who knows maybe i bid to the wire and the others bid based on the car in the drive way, who knows, maybe people like me and my random ways...all i know is i could use some help...otherwise ill just have to work in the snow

Dave would love to come up and work but were heading back to Hawaii in one week and getting close to due date so can't take off again.

My buddy in Hawaii might be down to come out if you are interested. He's minimum 300/day but hell make you money. Let me know and ill pass the word.

might do that for some of the big pine trims..no spur, did ya find the equipment you wanted?
keep me posted on your bro

Back