Anyone looking for a real skilled worker in wetsern ma ?

Greenfield doable? If so I'll pm you a# to call. Not sure of his co. But it may be a option with the season getting started..
Also aunt owns a pallet shop in colrain, I can check with her also

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, greenfield is doable, send me the number.

I took on a landscape job in Granby, bottom of the barrel, two man show, more of the same with no future. Seems all the landscapers and tree companies are hot for fresh blood around here, I am obsoleted already.

I might know of the pallet mill in Colrain.

If you don't mind my asking, what do you mean by "hot for fresh blood"? Are you saying that you are already suffering from age discrimination at the ripe old age of 31 years old? Thanks in advance for any answer you choose to give, and good luck with your job search.

One thing that occurs to me, not that I've ever done it myself, is that you could try to become your own rainmaker. That is how all businesses get started, by someone with a product or service managing to sell it to their first customer. Also, I would not talk down a two-man shop. The guy running that outfit successfully managed to sell a service to a willing buyer of that service. Enough to provide work for three people. Maybe if you jump in with both feet, and help him sell the work, you could become a very important part of a growing business.

I may be thinking in a manner that is "pie in the sky", but I'm just trying to be positive, here. Best wishes.

Tim

Walker welcome to The House.

There is a line of thinking that belief is what shapes our world. I believe that there is more work available than I can do. Trees around me are growing faster than I can trim them or remove them. And if I were looking for a position with others there is no place I would not be an asset and make the boss money.

Are my beliefs irrefutably true? No.
Are yours? No.

But, can you see I would tend to get different results than you? So then, are you more committed to the beliefs you woke up with this AM or to a good job/position?

Thanks for the welcome, nice to meet you both.

I agree with both. I respect the owner of Landscaper but as things stand, I already know how the season will go. He knows that too but I can help push him and his new young hire and make some money.

I got a phone call in regards to logging, will be calling him tonight, I hope my skills matches what he need and will be year round work.

If you don't mind my asking, what do you mean by "hot for fresh blood"? Are you saying that you are already suffering from age discrimination at the ripe old age of 31 years old? Thanks in advance for any answer you choose to give, and good luck with your job search.

One thing that occurs to me, not that I've ever done it myself, is that you could try to become your own rainmaker. That is how all businesses get started, by someone with a product or service managing to sell it to their first customer. Also, I would not talk down a two-man shop. The guy running that outfit successfully managed to sell a service to a willing buyer of that service. Enough to provide work for three people. Maybe if you jump in with both feet, and help him sell the work, you could become a very important part of a growing business.

I may be thinking in a manner that is "pie in the sky", but I'm just trying to be positive, here. Best wishes.

Tim

You have a good attitude, I wish you were my boss, I would make you money with a smile, that is if you pay well !

Later I will explain why it is so difficult to get back up in this state. I am beginning to pick up side jobs now but I need money to start first and everyone I know is broke, long cold winter drained us.

Edit : Last two days I have been pulling out my mowers, pruning tools, chainsaws, wood chippers, hand tools. Cleaning, sharpening and such for the season. Rained out for the rest of the week though.

Walker welcome to The House.

There is a line of thinking that belief is what shapes our world. I believe that there is more work available than I can do. Trees around me are growing faster than I can trim them or remove them. And if I were looking for a position with others there is no place I would not be an asset and make the boss money.

Are my beliefs irrefutably true? No.
Are yours? No.

But, can you see I would tend to get different results than you? So then, are you more committed to the beliefs you woke up with this AM or to a good job/position?

I agree. Good words.

Back