Anyone in a band or play an instrument?

Watched a vid on the silent stroke heads. Still seem too loud for when the family is asleep but would be good during the day.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Well yea, if people are sleeping - sure. BUT they aren't NEARLY as loud as the videos make them out to be. I couldn't even really hear them until I did that tape trick.

Trust me - they AREN'T loud, and you can actually play them soft if you need to.

The long and the short of it is - I'm gonna eventually get the RTOMS. The SS's were an experiment in trying to get away with something WAY cheaper. While they are awesome - I miss being able to hit the regular heads. Basically I want loud drums during the day and quiet ones at night. The SS heads require a dedicated quiet set while the RTOMs will allow me to use one kit in either mode.

The RTOMs are versatile - the SS's aren't.

Is there a need for you to be quieter, Ryan?

I play my electronic drums from 5:45 to 6:30 a.m. on workdays (thru headphones) and the family can usually hear the mallets hitting the pad if I'm giving her on the double bass.

While that seems like an ok practice schedule, to be good on acoustic drums you have to play acoustic drums. I still feel like I suck whenever I play them.

My concern is the response when you strike the head. Rubber pads bounce way better than a drum head so my doubles are great on one and weak on the other.

Those Rtoms look like a great solution but the price made me choke a bit. Might try the SS though. Having a quiet kit is no biggie. I only play for myself anyway.

If you can live with having to install the heads and leaving them on, then they are perfect for you. But, they do have more bounce than a regular head.

If you ever want to change things up, however, you need to spring for the RTOMs. I'm gonna!!!

No love for my babies??? :cry:

Hey Ryan - I found a pic of the front rack system and the 10, 12, and 14 I'm gonna slap on it. I don't see a need for the side racks at this moment. Just the front one will suit me fine.

Attachments

• Signia1.jpg
    Signia1.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 11
Butch you're becoming a drumaniac! I like that rack. The link only shows cymbal mounts; are you required to buy the clamps to mount your toms.

Always have been, brother!

I think so, plus I want those cymbal racks. The entire point of my wanting a rack is the smaller footprint.

I don't care much about the price.

Played a show last night...one set on fiddle with one band then two more on bass with different units...pretty tired when at the end, but had a great time.

Attachments

• Dave, Delmer, Billy & Red Leslie 2018.jpg
    Dave, Delmer, Billy & Red Leslie 2018.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Leslie 2018.jpg
    Leslie 2018.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 8
:lol: 'bout a hundred folks there...they were actually pretty enthusiastic, though most were a bit long in the tooth:)

I'm one degree of separation away from this guy.

Attachments

• 32962963_1976254682407601_3390083485631774720_n.jpg
    32962963_1976254682407601_3390083485631774720_n.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 19
I thought they did a decent job on the fonts...shirts are made in Nicaragua, we'll see how they last. Not sure why we only have black...tough color to wear on a summer afternoon...

Doc brought over this guy today - he was visiting his son stationed at Ft. Polk and he stopped by to visit. Holy crap, was he good! He could play any song from start to finish... I was most impressed!

He's the tall guy on the right, white hair - red guitar. We passed a good time!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nVXAlmmNm8s" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back