Anyone have any experience with a Spyder crane?

TreeRhino

TreeHouser
Just curious if anyone out there has any experience with one of these? Seem like they could be useful but a lot things seem like a good idea until you put it in practice

I've looked at them for a few years. They're too small to have any practical application worth ownership for the vast majority of tree services.

The outrigger span is huge, 60' hook height has a 770lb limit from the edge of the outrigger to 10' outside the outrigger.

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 10.36.32 AM.png

There was a member here a while back that went by the name of KoaMan from Hawaii.

If memory serves, he ordered a 75' spider lift back in 2004 and it was delivered to him in 2005.

Not sure if the threads here but he posted quite a bit about it back then.

H seemed quite happy with it though.

I've looked at them for a few years. They're too small to have any practical application worth ownership for the vast majority of tree services.

The outrigger span is huge, 60' hook height has a 770lb limit from the edge of the outrigger to 10' outside the outrigger.

View attachment 96347
60 feet is as tall as they come?

There was a member here a while back that went by the name of KoaMan from Hawaii.

If memory serves, he ordered a 75' spider lift back in 2004 and it was delivered to him in 2005.

Not sure if the threads here but he posted quite a bit about it back then.

H seemed quite happy with it though.

This is a spider crane, not a spider lift.

60 feet is as tall as they come?

You can get a truck mounted knuckle boom crane on a tracked undercarriage, but for a mini spider crane 60' is pretty large.

Facebook recently within the year... flipped a spider crane off like a 10 story building in to a lower level roof...

I see them every once in awhile... go through a doorway and do some serious lifting...

Back