Another Gimmee

Altissimus

TreeHouser
... trying to post pic , a Crosby Hook (no keeper) .... love the look and feel of but can't think of an application right now , refresh my how to post a pic and I will , anyone use them for anything ? ?... signed Dave

You know you are going to find a use for it one day. Ten years from now it might come in handy. Lol
I have a hoarder mentality for little shit like that. My cut off/drop bucket if full of small nearly useless bits of metal but one day they will have a use lol.

Post a picture if you can, Crosby is top of the line. Lots of different configurations and purposes for all the different types of hook, super handy to have for different stuff.

Looks like either a foundry hook or a sorting hook, designed to be really easy to grab stuff without messing around with safety stuff like a mouse, which you don't want to do in certain applications.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As far as wear and service downgrade , knowing the Ski Area it's a calendar thing since purchased new and I do know anything damaged is tossed into the trash. Of course a close inspection with a jaundiced eye before use , main use was work positioning aloft , so

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I do heavies on the big w full trust ... its Old , how old is it ? Its so old the lock is single action ! (be here all week). Use this with the GRCS mostly.

Attachments

• 20240216_121243.jpg
    20240216_121243.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 3
Yeah the mouse closes the hook, not something you want when you're messing with molten metal.
Unless it's a proper closure devise, like what you're used to at work, Kyle, I rip them off anyways. Those little sheetmetal things on tow straps, gone before the first use, since most all they do is get in the way and eventually get mangled.

Back