Another big chip hauler

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There has been some questions arising about the orange box and how I would load it . I have a double set of tram rails with 4 chain falls hanging on them in the center bay of my building .That box is shown as it was a few years back after it came from down south .

The radial drill ,shown suspended most likely weighs between 5 and 6 thousand pounds

Attachments

• drill press 012.jpg
    drill press 012.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 76
  • drill press 010.jpg
    drill press 010.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
oregon? where abouts?
Some guy bought the thing from a site I no longer visit . Now check this out .

He directed Tom to take that thing to Freightliner and have it checked out ,wheel dyno test and all ,prepaid .He then flew in from Oregon Friday ,Tom picked him up at Dayton airport .He drove the truck ,paid Tom .Then took the truck to near Cincinnati to have it shipped and Tom took him back to Dayton to catch a westbound silver bird back to Oregon .

Whoever it was knew all about buying used trucks .

I did learn something though . It seems most of these type trucks are made on the east coast and are cheaper here than west ward .

Oddly enough though it seems chippers are more expensive .As a matter of fact Tom is on his way westward today to pick up a self feeder he found someplace . It seems his old chuck and duck Lindag needs some work and he doesn't want to be without a chipper at the moment .

Back