Animated GIF Thread 2019

I do something similar with a grocery cart at the grocery store or at Home Depot. All it takes is a decent sized and sturdy cart. I lean over with my stomach on the handrail and forearms stretched out along the top of the cart. When you put your weight on the handle you can run very smoothly and quickly down the aisle. When it's time to stop you just come to a slow skating Fred Flintstone kind of a stop. Be careful at intersections because it would be embarrassing to have to explain to someone what you were doing when you ran over them.. You can cover a lot of distance in a hurry out in the parking lot. Makes my grandkids crazy but it's really fun. I'll try to get a video which will make my grandson really crazy. Oh well.

Who hasn't?
But that bike thing looses any gear drive advantage plus you are strapped to it. Not for me but it looks cool.

I don't like to be stuck in one position, no way to relax at a stop for example. Adjusting the upper body's stance with the arms isn't allowed too. What about a fall, while being driven down by the neck?
No thanks.

Last edited:
I do something similar with a grocery cart at the grocery store or at Home Depot. All it takes is a decent sized and sturdy cart. I lean over with my stomach on the handrail and forearms stretched out along the top of the cart. When you put your weight on the handle you can run very smoothly and quickly down the aisle. When it's time to stop you just come to a slow skating Fred Flintstone kind of a stop. Be careful at intersections because it would be embarrassing to have to explain to someone what you were doing when you ran over them.. You can cover a lot of distance in a hurry out in the parking lot. Makes my grandkids crazy but it's really fun. I'll try to get a video which will make my grandson really crazy. Oh well.

I worked in a fab shop that used a bunch of shopping carts to hold fittings and small pipes that were cut ready to be welded. Well when you throw a bunch of steel in the front of them, even a big guy could safely ride it, and any wheelie was very slow with all the inertia that you could easily stop it. A few ended up all padded up, and we would ride them around the big shop running errands, going to and from your truck, etc. We had footrests to stand on even. A very fun and handy way to travel around on concrete.

We don't have alligators in Ft. Bragg, but we do have mountain lions.

Fact my neighbors dog was taken by a lion just 2 weeks ago. And pretty much the same kind of rescued ensued.

Wild America!

I'd go head to head with an alligator, even one much bigger than that little pissant example, than with a cougar...any day.

Of course, I got paid to take 'gators on, as a young buck working for the state of FL Game and Fish Comm., so I learned a few tricks. I'm not so sure there are any tricks to learn, with mountain lions.

Back