All RopeKnight - All The Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the road shows almost every one felt it weighed at least 12oz. Had to start packing a scale.
but at 10 oz it is really good science for trailing lines up to a 2.2mm for plus 100ft
shots.
And because its near frictionless form and finish and having the weight component at the nose it
is great at the slip, slide, roll, swing and levering/teeter totter past most obstacles.

I think the line at this point is the thing I wish to change more than anything else.
The wind and parachuting of line is underestimated. My best shots are off by a moderate breeze.
We will try to include the weights in the next round if Luke wants.

What do you all think of the price?

Luke has the RA kit for 149.00
http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=285&item=1500

The way I ahve been hearing from arbclimbers is it is paid for the 1st time it gets them
through a dirty tree. And the RopeShield smooth over is paid for the the first few times of use.

What do you think?
How much is a jams, snags and busted up lines and weights worth to you? 150 or 100's of dollars a yr.:?

I like the Hill Billy thing ;)

that's where I have a cost issue Thomas. I am thinking how much I really spend.. Not all that much. My weights rarely get stuck, I don't break lines for the most part (one in maybe 6 years?) and I don't have the side walks that break bags like most these guys do to worry about.
Big shot sets my line high and quick.
I am looking at time savings from my stand point. How many trees would I save time with it per year. I doubt I would ever have to replace it over my career either. So one time investment looks promising.
I am going to try that European throw weight to see if it might suit my needs fine. It too will have a good longevity. It also can be used from a big shot. The weight is the kicker on that one though. I wish they made a 16oz. Maybe they do now.

News flash... Was talking to Burnam about the "European" throw weight... called a Meteor.. Saw it in a vid once. They sell then in the UK. I am going to see if I can a) order one or b) have a bloke send it to me after I send money. They now make 16oz ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzD6Ki4evZM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFDpgHdgiQ0

You want quality - You got it
You want durability - You got it
You want something designed to out perform traditional bags, balls, pods meteors - you got it
You want a 6 tools in one device - you got it
You want a Life Time Guarantee - you got it
You want something that contributes positively to the environment and puts its money where its mouth is - you got it
You want video, pics, good instructions and man to answer all your questions and concerns - you got it
You want to support the North American economy, arborist, defiantly independent no bs tree dude - you got it
You want something that actually puts money back in your pocket - you got it

You want a cheaper product at the sacrifice of quality and durability - buy something else!

"Expensive" to my ears means that we are still comparing the traditional bag or whatever to the RopeArmour.

Check it out. Improvements in every respect.
Life is too Short

How's it going Joel?
OBTW... I threw in a few cards for ya'll.. :)
Still trying to wrap my head around why I was more accurate one handed with it than a throw weight.
Cradle throw was about the same.... Angle of the dangle I guess.

RopeKnight is the only wt with the actual weight component, the internal stainless steel tip at the nose.
Remember the first spear or arrow we built as kids, just a length of wood and then we had to tie a wt to the nose
to gain accuracy. RK is no different and is why it is better at maintaining true flight.
All other weights do not incorporate this scientific truth, even the pod and meteor.

Did you give the Longgun technique a go?

Attachments

• Accuracy.jpg
    Accuracy.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Long Gun Tech.jpg
    Long Gun Tech.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 35
I have used it. I did feel I had good luck with my accuracy, it did not get stuck in the live oaks I worked.
I have a job Monday to use it and look forward to attempting some 80 ft plus shots with it. Like it so far....yes think I'd spend that much to have one not likely. Sorry Thomas
I would invite you to re work the inner weight. As I like a lighter weight. Easily accomplished by less mass on the inner portion with the ability to add weights over the center.
More review Mon after the high shots.
Oh also I must have missed the use of the wooden ball?

Hill Billy Long Gun.....
Same as cradle with an extra loop/bight.....
Just adjust the first loop for length of the gun... Still configs to cradle and line loops/bights pull out in flight. One less step of set up and line ready once thrown.

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 77
Cool, nice to have a bit of luck!
and good luck on Monday hope it makes you some $!

Woodball is retrieval ball! must have thrown in as a Freebee

here is a pic of a wt we were trying, not offered any more due to costs.
Merle will get one of the last ones aside from my collection

RA with weights.jpg RA Bored and Tapped wth Bolt.jpg

Hillbill.jpg
Hey Stephen I skip the second bight. Works pretty good!

Longgun moves the ring or in the case of the RK moves the hole a few feet away from the Rk
to increase the accuracy. Longgun shortens the legs of the pendulum thus increasing the length of
the gun/site plane. two swinging legs is less accurate than one long leg.
Is this making sense to every one.
Trying to find the sweet spot in the middle/hanging centre is much easier with as short of legs as possible thus increasing the
accuracy through one longgun leg.

Cheers
I got one of the RK dipped in rubber to try out. Definitely less intimidating than the shiny bullet.
The slip,slide, flip and roll will be another story.

Yeah, I felt it unnecessary as well and pretty much stuck with one bight. Why I did not post it before. I did find I could lengthen the fist bight as much as the long gun thingy and then cradle throw it fine this way..
Simple is often better ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzD6Ki4evZM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFDpgHdgiQ0

You want quality - You got it
You want durability - You got it
You want something designed to out perform traditional bags, balls, pods meteors - you got it
You want a 6 tools in one device - you got it
You want a Life Time Guarantee - you got it
You want something that contributes positively to the environment and puts its money where its mouth is - you got it
You want video, pics, good instructions and man to answer all your questions and concerns - you got it
You want to support the North American economy, arborist, defiantly independent no bs tree dude - you got it
You want something that actually puts money back in your pocket - you got it

You want a cheaper product at the sacrifice of quality and durability - buy something else!

"Expensive" to my ears means that we are still comparing the traditional bag or whatever to the RopeArmour.

Check it out. Improvements in every respect.
Life is too Short

We know already, Thomas...give it an effin' rest, brother.

I liked it well enough, better than I expected, and I said exactly that in my review...but this unrelenting sales pitch is rubbing me raw.

Its for fun or easy trees.
I figure we're all tree pirates and this gives the boring ol tbag new life.
We are working on a mini micro treepedo that can join throwlines, finger hold and mimik a
ring for cradle toss.
Besides if a lil skull is got you worried, how bout what happens with the classic tbag,ball, pod, meteor etc.
They are more than double the size and have much greater snag/jam potential.

Steam punk inspired. Thanks for your recent post Kevin B.
Whats your style? What would you like to throw.

I've had it a couple days. Threw it some in my back yard and figured it was time to send it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back