All RopeKnight - All The Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just arrived yesterday.
Katy had a scared look on her face when I said I had a new toy to try out :/:
I'll probably throw it about come Wednesday. Maybe try some practice throws today or tomorrow. I have two consults to do today so we'll see time wise.

BigShot it to the upper part of a tall conifer and just let it run to the ground. I set pull lines that way even just for added comfort because it’s so easy.

Just arrived yesterday.
Katy had a scared look on her face when I said I had a new toy to try out :/:
I'll probably throw it about come Wednesday. Maybe try some practice throws today or tomorrow. I have two consults to do today so we'll see time wise.

Hey I got a suggestion, see if you can test it to full destruction.
I will supply another or part if and when it fails completely.
Could be fun, give er your best/worst California Hillbilly style of course.;)

Cheers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it would be cool to stick it in a campfire and then, once it was RED hot, blast it out of a modified APTA into a big block of ice, or through a couple sheets of plywood.

Am removing two groups of redwood trees three trees to a group this week. They are right up close to a house built in a Y or L shape. Have decided that I’m going to shoot a line up into one tree in each group for a progressing speed line to the top. Will also shoot a line to the top of one tree in each group to have my Hitch Hiker SRT tie in point up high from the beginning and be able to swing between the trees and limb all three trees up as I go.

I think I will start a little chicken hearted and use a bag toward the houses roof but, I suspect that I’ll need to toughen up and switch over to the RopeKnight to get it to snake down through dozens of limbs - news at 11.

20oz wow. You could try tight wrapping soldering wire(unleaded of course) to get t the wt up to your preferences.

This might help:)
1. make sure the securing bolt is checked every time you throw. Happened to me the other day after a few retrievals and the line came on done and the RK fell out of the tree and I lost my TiP.
2. I always insert the line through the nose cone and secure to bolt. It takes a bit of practice but really is much smoother way to isolate and retrieve and smooth over the transition/RopeShield
3. Many times I will when attaching the rope to the Rk leave the RK coupled together but release the line from the bolt and pull enough line out through the coupling bolt hole and then thread the line thru the Stainless steeel end or tip hole and then pile hitch the line to the climb or rig rope.
4.Always thread the bolt back into the RS or place it in a pocket, I'm all thumbs so for me anyways it is easy to lose one especially in this snow
5. I let the RK smash around a fair bit, it is easy to refinish with nail polish and fine stone.
6.Keep a quarter with you or in your kit for torqueing down the bolt. Most times I just use a zipper pull or belt buckle
7.I also keep an inexpensive multitool in my kit it has knife, screwdriver etc to open up the tip incase it gets really bad or closes up
8. Best throwline and coil system is the Sidewinder found at Treestuff mine has held up for a couple years now and only needed to repair the handle and snap it back together a few times
9.vinyl sleeve is perfert for throwing over a house if you see that it might fall more than10 to 20' onto shingles. I ahve never damaged a thing so far jsut bruised some decking and shingles, hardly noticeable.
10. for you and anyone around you SAFETy call all clear and never pull on it really hard most times when you feel a jam up it just needs a few jiggles to bump the tip over the obstacle
11 When retrieving, for your safety you can under the tree towards the stem and pull it free. Pretty much every time I have retrieved the Rk will land within a few feet from where I ahve thrown it. It is attached to a line and almost always follows the same path. No what I am sayin?
12.It really cooperates once you get the feeling for the how the line feels with the RK---line. It feels more like the RK is tiny bump of an extension to the line. Feels and acts much different than a throwbag.
13. Throwing it just start low and get used to the weight(as is). I can throw this thing pretty accurately and high to almost 100'. I broke my BigShot tubing again a few months ago and forced myself to throw more and find I only miss the BS when I need to blast thru an understory or thick canopy which is quite often
14. Longgun Technique is killer accurate. One or two hands just find your rythem, focus above the target a few feet and release on the exhale
15. I used to keep a piece of reflective red tape on mine and once it wore off found that keeping it clean and polished was pretty good at spotting in the tree
16. the red vinyl sleeve is really good for spotting and the additional weight is welcome in really thick trees so what I do is throw it hard thru the target and let the RK run to the ground and then slip on the red vinyl and then isolate the tip and drop it thru the crown for a good run of the rope
17.used to keep a bit of crayon to keep the throwline stiff for inserting thru the tip but now I just use spit and my finger. Works just as well
18. you can on the SS tip file down the sides at the holes and connect a mini shackle
19.watch the RS doesn't smack your fingers when you pull the RS with the rope inserted, it slides down pretty fast. I hold the line so it hits me on the outside of the hand/the soft part of the fist where your pinky curls other wise shake the line vigorously

Here is the Facebook with lots pics and vids if you get confused call me anytime
Hope you have lotsa fun and punish the the lil bugger to no end
[image]https://www.facebook.com/pages/RopeArmour/113201298749998?id=113201298749998&sk=photos_stream[/image]

https://www.youtube.com/user/ropearmour?feature=results_main

Bag made it through this time (a lot of times they don’t go down through our dense Redwood foliage.) Saw why when I went up the trees. These had been thinned a lot in years past.

If you were speaking to me Thomas, yeah I have the vinyl sleeve and foam. Have never taken them to work with me and given them a try. I’ll put them in the shotline gear bag and try them out.

Can’t wait to come back and read your “tips” post. (Short on time tonight.) I have been tying a 6 to 8 inch loop in the end of all my throwlines. Then I thread that doubled line through the nose of RopeKnight and then put a hitch (girth?) around a machine nut the same dia. and thread pattern as the RopeKnight bolt. Quick easy in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back