All RopeKnight - All The Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks OMT.

Used the RopeKnight and bigshot today and was thinking how cavalier I am about retrieval. The RK comes back through the canopy so well that I just pull it back from a missed shot and don’t even bother to lower it to the ground and remove it.

Conversely, I was putting a line on the tip of a branch that was 25 ft. off the ground and I just grabbed one of my ‘short throwline’ bags which had a standard weight on it. Stuck it a couple of times and no amount of jiggling and coaxing would get it to fall through the modest volume of foliage.

I haven't shot or thrown mine much during the last month due to lots of jobs on small trees, fencing and Cypress.
The few outing it has had have been good, except when I've messed things up.

Been firing mine into some BIG Beech trees. Lots of branches and thrifty stuff to get in the way so I installed the bras weight to ensure the RK always came down.
Perfect and satisfying watching it slither back through the crown so I could isolate a branch, knowing full well that a bag would have got stuck.
Love it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No I still have it... I Had flushcut send me his shipping info twice and never sent it... then when I msgd him asking a third time I didnt hear back... I have stuff to mail out this week so I will do it.

I believe emr was next on the lint. Either him, flush cut, or someone PM me their address and I will send this thing out this week.

I am really sorry.

No I still have it... I Had flushcut send me his shipping info twice and never sent it... then when I msgd him asking a third time I didnt hear back... I have stuff to mail out this week so I will do it.

I believe emr was next on the lint. Either him, flush cut, or someone PM me their address and I will send this thing out this week.

I am really sorry.

A third time my bad!

Send to: American Pruning & Firewood
138 W. Madison st.
Darien WI, 53114
(262)-949-9719

Lol! I am not the greatest at hand throwing to begin with so it should be entertaining to say the least.

The RopeArmor may not make any money, it may be a dangerous projectile, I even read somewhere that a guy could make one for about $40. Which reminds me, Butch do you have any interest in selling that liability of a hunk of metal I remember you saying you had?

Is this thing making any money?

Is it making money for who? The inventor or the user?

I've had one for a few months and I can honestly honestly say it saves time for all the reasons that Thomas uses in his sales pitch. It's my opinion that if you hand throw or BigShot several times a week, you can not afford not to have one of these.

People keep talking about how it's dangerous because it's metal. In all my years hand throwing (badly) and BigShotting a regular bag, if there was any chance of damaging a car or glass house etc, then I thought I shouldn't be throwing anything at all in that direction.
It doesn't matter what the weight is made from. If there is a fragile target, throw the other way or don't throw. Simple.

I'm asking the inventor if it's making any money.

I don't want to sell the one I have: I've used it three times so far, in super viney, crapped up trees that a normal throw bag would have trouble with. It's real good in that scenerio. Other than that, I use a regular throwbag.

Thanks for the straight answer Butch. The first job I used the RopeKnight on I gladly traded the purchase price for the result I got. It saved me from climbing about 25 thickly matted Cypress trees to set a line high so I could work limbs out over a vineyard. From now on it is all gravy, saving me time, making things safer, making it easier. I can shoot normal bags too, have them with me all the time.

The RK is a specialty tool and I will be surprised if Thomas ever makes enough money to make it financially worth it. He is driven by some kind of passion for getting it out there in my estimation. I make money with it, and for that I want to say thanks to Thomas for all his effort every time I can.

Is this thing making any money?

I'm asking the inventor if it's making any money.

I don't want to sell the one I have: I've used it three times so far, in super viney, crapped up trees that a normal throw bag would have trouble with. It's real good in that scenerio. Other than that, I use a regular throwbag.

HI MB
For me or for the ones who throw the RopeArmor?
If you are asking if Me/King Tree Service/RopeArmour is making money than I would honestly answer yes.
If you are asking if others are than I can quite confididently say yes.

The truth about the RK is it is a tool of most necessity. I really needed it and had to invent something to fulfill the need.
Until others realize the same need in their workplace the tool is reduntant.
In my years demoing the Rk in the world most arclimbers need the RK once a week in a bad way and as others have said
it is paid for the first time they need to smooth over either the wt or the access rope to throwline connection.
A Lead free, multipurpose arb specific throw, Guaranteed for Life throw wt is our contribution to the world.
Being the best at this point in time and trusted by many pro arbclimbers in the world to get them high as fast as possibe with a great amount of excitement and in a manner that is freee and easy is the greatest priviledge I will ever know, Aside from maintaining trees and being a son, brother, father, husband and mentor.
cheers
TA
Thanks Merle for your enthusiasm and your courage to throw and speak of its rewards.
Very encouraging!

Since adding the brass weight insert i have strangely become better at hand throwing with one hand. This improvement has elevated my hand throwing skills to dreadful.

However, I was beyond dreadful with the normal bag but the RK does not get stuck.

The last few weeks have seen me working on some fairly small trees so I have been hand throwing. I'm still useless at it but have quite enjoyed it.

Tried hand throwing the old bag, that was a lot worse and had a few throws get stuck in the tree.
No such misfortune with the slippery RK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back