airwaves

I guess he's not so good at math, like putting two and two together. That or he thought he had it fixed.:lol:

Dave

Complaining about complaining is probably an always current topic with radio operators, likely doesn't mean anything...

If he's on your side, I'd be expecting him to come around to see what's up. That's only courteous imo.

All the more reason CB should be done away with... the people who use them aren't smart enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well the guy is over there jabbering at 11:30 at night. I just went over and tapped on his window to ask him to keep it down. He came out all pissed off telling me he had a license for it, I couldn't do anything, and that I can't be knocking on his window when he's got babies sleeping in the house. I said I didn't want to bother him or stop him from using his CB, I just wanted to keep it out of MY bedroom and I was willing to work with him to get it right. He turned his back and shut the door in my face.

Looks like I'm making some phone calls tomorrow. :(

Aluminum screen door frame with halloween decorations all over it, the knock wouldn't have been heard inside. I knocked on the window next to the door.

Gotcha ya didn't really strike me as the estranged neighbor peeping type.:D

Did the guy seem drunk? That often seems to make people self righteous and seems to generally encourage asshole behavior in many.

He was high. The smell about gagged me when I walked over 2 hours ago and knocked, but nobody answered that time. But that's his business. I don't GAF what he does as long as it doesn't intrude into my house.

Weird, in my experience weed usually makes people nicer. Whatever the case, I'm glad he's not my neighbor.:D

Andy, I've already confronted him face to face. The vandalism thing is no longer an option because I will INSTANTLY be the first suspect, and I don't want to have to put up a 10' electric fence around my house and all my belongings in order to continue living here. Actions have consequences and I fully expect any act of vandalism on my part to result in 10X as much damage caused to my property next week or next month. I cannot afford to stick a needle in his coaxle cable.

"Pins and needles..................."

Criminal trespassing and vandalism....................

Pretty sure Brian's neighbor is privy to the same castle law that Brian is so fond of.

Guess that'd make it:

Criminal trespassing and carried by six.......

:P

Good thing you didn't get shot rapping on his window.

I was just harrasing you Brian!! But if done right......................:lol: That is the beauty of it, find it!!

There are other ways, let me ponder it, and I am sure Eric can fill in the blanks!!
It sucks, I know, sorry Dude!

If that guy has a big enough set of "boots" ie linier amp it will get into everbodies speakers ,'puter ,radio ,tv ,it will get them all . That plus some wireless phones .The whole neighborhood will be up in arms about it if they aren't already .

The FCC regs on CB's used to be 4 watts to the final output which would rarely be 4 watts going out but something less than that .

If the interference was further away a band reject filter would work but it's so close it's actually not even going through the I F portion just directly exciting the speaker coils . I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't bleed through with the speakers off .

He's full of shit. There's no such thing as a CB license (anymore, since they were done away with in the '70's), and a licensed ham would have wayyyyyy better gear.

As Al pointed out, the legal power limit on CB is only 4 watts. Period.

Back