Ailanthis trees

• Thread starter ClimbingFool
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 2K
C

ClimbingFool

This project was suppose to be a crane job. At the last moment the owner of the parking lot threw a tizzy, so the project ended up turning into a labor intensive rigging and prune that will last about three to four days.... Day one. In the first pic, if you look at the highest crown in the back ground, those are the tree to be worked on...and the rest of the pics are as follows,... Sorry the pics are kinda blurry, was using my cell phone.

Lasales.jpg #2.jpg #3.jpg #4.jpg #5.jpg #6 (2).jpg #7.jpg #8.jpg #6.jpg

Last minute, unreasonable changes affecting the job costs will result in unscheduled changes in the amount charged to the customer, or more likely the instant removal of the job from my work schedule. If I bid a job based on using a crane and win the bid, I'm not taking it up the ass if the customer wants to throw a hissy fit when the crane shows up. I hope you flopped those trunks across his precious parking lot without the benefit of a crane to catch them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Brian, $$ have definitely been tacked on... It's kind of a crazy situation. The parking lot is owned by one person, the bar which we had to move material through owned by another and the land yet another... It was the land owner we were doing work for. The parking lot owner was being an Ass..

Looks like a tough one, Greg! No envy here!

I'll not mourn if I never have to deal with one of those trees again. I still have spots of that sappy residue on a couple of my ropes after the 7 that Carl and I took out months ago.

Do what you have to do. This job is one for the books. and to be told over many a brewski.

Job well done, Greg!

Good on you!

Especially when drinking one there....

I 'd like to see that, interesting job.
Unsual shape for me. I removed only 2 ailanthus and they were plain light trees, not tall for their 3' diameter, with a wide spread crown.
Fast growing tree, puts baby trees all around.
It's a heavy but crappy wood, very brittle and the fungi attack it quickly and deeply.

Looks like you did a great job. Never heard of those trees before, is Ailanthis trees their common name. Did you end up removing all of them?

More commonly may be known as Tree Of Heaven. We only removed five, but are pruning the rest for weight reduction and dead wood..

Back