Advice would be cool

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 5K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I called her, told her I would come and discuss the plan in person, told her that even if I left nothing but a 10 foot trunk that it would sucker like mad and look like a tree again in a few years...;) albeit a much smaller one, she seemed to like that ;) lol!

either way, I still hate willows with a passion :)

no crane...no access, no how, no way :)

Pictures are hard, unless you're hurting for work charge an amount you would be glad to figure it out for! Bid a few like that lately, hopefully I dont here back from most of them. Dont be scared to use a power pruner in the tree if worse comes to worse!

Preservation of self trumps preservation of her landscaping. Period! Give her a price, tell her you'll do your best to get it down without colateral damage, but your safety is paramount.

pile a 100 or so christmas trees under it and sset it on fire..........jus kidding.

How about a BIG crane ffrom FAR away?..........det cord...

Tricky one, difficult to assess without being there. I'd probably try to mid and but tie that limb to blocks set in the upright willow stems. Then clear as much weight off without freeing it up from the birch by limbwalking. Once the weight is off I'd make the cut(s) to clear the birch. Maybe you can add a pretensioned tagline to attempt to pull it sideways off the birch when the cut relieving the hangup is made. If there is no anchor...make one. Picket system or such.

From my armchair, the limb which is hung doesn't look overly heavy. Willow is pretty light stuff, especially once the brush is cleared off of it. I think one might be able to lift it slightly to clear the birch off of what is left on the tree, but I haven't seen it so don't quote me.

Cool job though...take some pics!

Canadiantreeman, your plan is exactly mine :) except, when you say make the cuts to clear the birch, you mean from in the birch or the ground right? not on the hung limb....;)

8 seconds baby, 8 seconds....:)

Any chance of waiting for freeze up and bringing a crane in on the ice? or a big loader? We do that occasionally up here when you have limited access in the summer months. 3' of ice supports a lot.

You live in an AWESOME state. I need to move my silly ass to Cali... I'm just skeered of the cost of living there.

I'm going to talk to her today, give her the options and the price tag...;) we'll see.

Nahhhh, Californians (with tree guys and their families being the exception) would drive you crazy and you would flee to your home state clicking your heals together :lol:

Back