advertising selling a tree business

PCTREE

Treehouser
So any of you got any ideas about how to try to solicit potential buyers for my tree business. We are a highly mechanized crew with a 35 ton Grove AT635E crane, 30 yard chip truck, 2 22" chippers and an 18" chipper, backup 20 yard chip truck log grapple truck 140HP stump grinder tow behind and a 65 horse self propelled, 2 wheel loaders with rotating grapples.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We are a well established company in an affluent town with a prestigious college. Gross about $700K year doing 3 days a week

Gross about $700K year doing 3 days a week

:big-love:

Sorry for derail but wondering if you pay the employees for 3 days, how they get by or what do they do with the other 2+ days. Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That Cory is a big problem for me. My climber will only work 3 days a week as he does side work and also is a baptist minister. I keep the other 2 busy for 1 other day a week doing bullshit. Ive been trying to hire a crane operator but obviously they all want at least 5 days. The company who was supposed to buy us said they were going to go to 5 days right away but Im not sure how they intended to do that.

I would first consult a Business Broker who specializes in Tree/Landscape companies. They'll have the expertise and connections to properly market and sell your business.

check-in with an accountant to divide hard assets vs intellectual assets. The tax rate is very different.

If you think you can handle the details yourself, Biz buy sell is a website that will serve you well. Just don’t show your books with out a non disclosure form signed and some earnest money is on the table. Never tell them who your clients are until the money is in your pocket. All of it, lol.

Lots to think about, will you stay on for training, do they have the proper credentials? Like, here, the license needed to be in this business takes three years experience and passing the contractor test. Don’t waste your time on tire kickers.

A broker is going to take 10% right off the top, but it Is what they do day in and day out. They will probably list it on biz buy sell as part of the marketing.

Back