ABR Ultra SLing

Reminds me of that woven pocket sling, now out of production. Was originally made by Blue Water, I believe. Great stuff, I have some still new 10 footers. I think the individual pockets were rated to 8000 lbs. breaking, so 800 working load limit...though basket hitched, it would double. Good for life support, not so much for anything above fairly light rigging loads.

Nick.... It's getting kind of heated on the buzz. Are you going to show some results of your testing?

I've been using my homemade version for climbing lately and it's been working great. I have no doubts about its strength for that application at all. I've been doing some sprawling Oaks and that sling has helped out greatly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reminds me of that woven pocket sling, now out of production. Was originally made by Blue Water, I believe. Great stuff, I have some still new 10 footers. I think the individual pockets were rated to 8000 lbs. breaking, so 800 working load limit...though basket hitched, it would double. Good for life support, not so much for anything above fairly light rigging loads.

My old brain came up with the product name...Omni Sling, it was :). Mighta been 6000 lb. MBS, I forget for sure.

I've been following this thread and the one on TB waiting to see what everyone says about these. I made the mini Ultra sling out of 3/8" Tenex and have been using it for climbing redirects. I have found it to be extremely useful and I feel totally safe with it. Maybe if your bored Nick, you could make up a mini ultra and break test it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Still lost, but I've been here before :).

Can't see it, maybe I'm not dumb enough to visualize the error :evil:.

Kidding, I've made more mistakes than I can recall :D.

Back