A little help for a student of mine.

Underwor

Treehouser
I have a student in Loris, SC who is taking my Landscape Equipment class online. It is just meant to familiarize them with some of the equipment used in the turf, landscape and tree care fields and also the safety issues involved. I ask that they find someone in their area who will help them with this and take a few pictures of them operating the equipment using proper PPE and techniques. I do not intend for them to be an expert, just have enough knowledge that they probably won't tear something up the first day. Each business has their own procedures and will teach the graduates those when they get into the field.

If you are near Loris and could help out, please drop me an email or reply to this post. As you can imagine, this is about the most difficult class I have to present in an online format, so any assistance is appreciated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Online class notes.

I am considering posting a link to copies of the notes that I use in my classes, probably Dendro and Soils first. These would be free to you to use as a review or learning experience. If you think you would like to take the class for credit, then you could sign up later.
This is a service that many schools are offering and I thought I would join the trend. Of course I am hoping to get about 50 new online students out of the effort. When I get things ready, I will post a link on this site.
Please respond to this post with your thoughts.

I am considering posting a link to copies of the notes that I use in my classes, probably Dendro and Soils first. These would be free to you to use as a review or learning experience

Hey nice to see you on the TreeHouse, Bob!

I for one would welcome perusing your class syllabus. It sounds interesting.

Don't know if your aware, but Gerry Baranek has been working on a series of videos outlining fundamental tools and techniques used in the tree industry. Ropes, climbing techniques, throw lines, etc.

These video sets are very valuable for the initiate, and the proficient climber. Plus, they are far less expensive than other more well known video compilations.
Are you aware of these video sets? www.atreestory.com. I don't know if the newest videos are featured on his web site, but you could shoot him an email.

Your student is in S.C., I am sure their are plenty of companies in that area that would be willing to work with a student.

Having students auditing a typical work day is a great way to share our industry techniques. And learn ourselves.

My friend who grows commercial veggies has students that come from all over the world. They work a week or so and get practical hands on experience, and occasionally I get them to help out on my jobs :D Sometimes their are some cute girls as well 8)

Back