9 mill stuck in wood perfecto

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
Ive been checking the power of my 9 mill and trying to stick them in a piece of wood.
Finally got the right thickness.Ill get a better photo.
But this one is ok.You can see the bullets gone through about 5 inches of red oak and are just protruding on the other side .
Cool

Attachments

• camera pics 095.jpg
    camera pics 095.jpg
    716.8 KB · Views: 18
From what distance were you shooting?

I used a couple outrigger pads as targets when trying out my .45 ACP Glock a few months ago. The pads are doubled up 2"x12" wet pine, actual thickness of just over 3". From 30' away I was penetrating through the first 2x12 and sticking in the second.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
26 yards.You can kinda see that the one that penetrate are not in the heart wood.

Pretty good testing procedure. Off topic LJ's sniper rifle would mow down ten inch diameter pine trees pretty consistently. From Over 150 yards.

I was dialing it in and had a target stapled to a tree in front of a berm. I pulled in just right of center and the tree exploded and fell over. I was able to get 4 out of the five to tip on one shot. The last one was not going down without a fight. It took five rounds two left of center, three right.

Sorry back to the original topic

How bout this?
My best pistol shots ever from 51 yards ,4 out of ten on a sticky note.
Two almost on paper down and left marked by arrows.
So dang near 6 out of ten within a four by four.
Done with.22 ruger hunter model asuper fun gun to plink with.:D
Two handed standing.
If only i could do that at the comp's and one handed.

Attachments

• camera pics 074.jpg
    camera pics 074.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 17
I was dialing it in and had a target stapled to a tree in front of a berm. I pulled in just right of center and the tree exploded and fell over. I was able to get 4 out of the five to tip on one shot. The last one was not going down without a fight. It took five rounds two left of center, three right.

Sorry back to the original topic

Still shooting my reloads?

Nice job with the 22 Jerry, irons? 11MOA off hand is damn skippy good.

From what distance were you shooting?

I used a couple outrigger pads as targets when trying out my .45 ACP Glock a few months ago. The pads are doubled up 2"x12" wet pine, actual thickness of just over 3". From 30' away I was penetrating through the first 2x12 and sticking in the second.
You have to remember that a .45 ACP puts all that shock into the target . They are not known for either accuracy nor penetration but they most likely could knock down about anything if it were close enough .

If I recall correctly from my navy days that round in a pistol had an effective range of about 50 feet more or less and about 200 yards when in the Thompson sub machine gun .

Um, I have a 4moa or better 45 (under 1 inch at 25 yards). An effective range of 50 yards or so with me. I limit it, it doesn't limit me.

Yeah I haven't shot the gun to many times. Just checked it out again before deer season started here.

My glock 40 caliber is accurate to around 40 yards. But that gun is like an extension of my hand.

i did make some adjustments. It was still on like donkeykong. I moved it a little bit higher at 150. For that long bean field shot!

Um, I have a 4moa or better 45 (under 1 inch at 25 yards). An effective range of 50 yards or so with me. I limit it, it doesn't limit me.
At 50 yards with a 45 I would have better luck throwing a baseball or the pistol as to shoot it . I'd be lucky to hit lake Erie from a row boat . Put a stock on it and a long barrel,the game changes in my favor .;)

Yeah maybe she makes small holes at 50 yards but i garenteeee if she plinked off your shoulder youll run like hell.And that even at 150 yards.:lol:

Attachments

• gun .22.jpg
    gun .22.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 5
I won't elaborate about gun shot wounds but will say a 22 will penetrate deeper than say a 32 or even a 380 .

I remember as a young fellow seeing a demostration on gun safety seeing a 22 long rifle going through 6 3/4 " wide pine boards that were seperated by about 2 inchs and lodging in the seventh .

Another little trvia thing .Once on a deer hunt we would unload our muzzle loaders at the end of the day by shooting a 50 gallon drum at about 50 yards .The 45 's and 50's would drill right through and go out the other side .My 58 would only go through one side ,--but it knocked the barrel over .

Sometimes i cant figure which gun i would choose to grab , but between my wife and i we can pretty much grab them all.
The 9 mill for a bunch of decent close ,center shots .
The 12 gauge , no explanation needed.
The Itty bitty teenie tiny .22 for freaky accurate placement.
And of course all of those are, almost, cheap to pratice with.
I cant really afford anything else, i can buy the gun , its shooting it that cost so dang much.
But, would love to add a good 1911 .45.
And i want this guy to polish her up.http://www.rodgerspistolsmithing.com/index.html
Hes awesome.

It'd have to be one nippy day in hell before I'd reach over a 9mm or 12ga to get a 22lr for self defense.

Comes polished:
IMG_5620.jpg

Back