5 unbelievably cool research facilities

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Amazing!

2163618172_6e7d2ec0dd_o.jpg

I've been to the Very Large Array. It is impressive...and at the same time it seems like on of the biggest porkbarrel projects in New Mexico's history.

that hadron collider is right out of dan browns book "angels and demons"

The next thing you they will send a man to the moon. Thats a pretty cool site.

sO, WHE THE hADRON COLLIDER... oops, sorry, I was talking to Rotax a minute ago... anyway, When they make the 'God Particle' is that gonna make a new universe?

Speaking of the "God particle", I was watching the History chanel. They have now concluded that the universe was created by a particle even smaller than the smallest part of an atom known. It exploded so powerfully that all of this was created instantly. They also say the the universe is continuing to expand movin away from the focal point of the explosion. It was interesting to say the least.

The shear amount of money being spent on these partical acclerators boggles the mind. There's got to be something more to it their not telling us about what they expect to find. That tube is 100 feet in diameter, 300 feet underground and look at the amount of magnets throughout. Solid. I believe the circumference is 7 miles.

Whatever they're looking for probably wont be used for any peaceful purpose, disenergrator ray, time machine. What the F

I agree destruction or profit(probably both) must be involved otherwise where's the money coming from and why?

I've been to the Very Large Array. It is impressive...and at the same time it seems like on of the biggest porkbarrel projects in New Mexico's history.
Yeah its not to far from here its ok cool i guess bunch of dishes on tracks never have seen much of what they have ever accomplished there?:?

Back