201tc

Still waiting patiently:X All the ones at work seem to be on their best behavior since they know I can't wait to be rid of them.

We'll see how youuuuu handle it! If the temp is like 5 -10*f and the wind chill is -15, that's just too cold to make any money, at least in my wimpy view:O

i'm with the cold.
i have no idea what the temperature was out in the woods today (burlington wi) but the 261c worked flawlessly.
TSI work kicks ass in the winter

We'll see how youuuuu handle it! If the temp is like 5 -10*f and the wind chill is -15, that's just too cold to make any money, at least in my wimpy view:O

I'll handle it in short bursts. I will be in the bucket so it's not a big deal to come down for a few minutes here and there.

So true, fair enough. Good luck.

What do you think of the monster scabbard they come with??

So Rich, How's the saw so far? We've got a pruner guy who's got one and really likes it, but, to me, that means next to nothing. What do you think of it?

I'll let you know. All I did was pick it up today and put it on the truck for tomorrow. My 4-5 month old 201t decided to run like hell for the last two days so it went in and the 201tc came out. I'll get a few tanks through it tomorrow and probably work it hard Monday.

Yeah kinda. Got some wood to stack at the house Sunday. I've also got to get some big eye bolts anchored in my garage ceiling as tie in points for my daughter

looking forward to your impressions of the 201tc.

traded in my personal 201t for a tc today. didn't have time to break it in but i think some TSI work with the 201tc would be a good way to do it.
tech said 3 tanks to seat the rings. that should be doable in a day with some forestry work.

i love the 261c and am really looking forward to having m-tronic as my climber.

pretty excited

I hope you come back with a good report, to get a saw even a bit better than a 201 would be awesome.

Well since I had to plow Saturday early morning and the windchill was negative 20 I didn't get to run it till today. I put 3-3&1/2 tanks through it. Throttle response has been great off the get go. The power seems to be waking up as well. The first tank the power was very bad and the tank only lasted for maybe a dozen 12" cuts. The on/off switch is a bit troublesome for me to get used to. I'm used to a 4 position switch , not the 2&1/2. I have about 90' of a red oak spar to block down tomorrow and plan on double cutting to push the power on it. After the first day I'm happy with it. We will see how it goes tomorrow

So how many of you that have run the various 201s would rather go back to the old 200T? I have yet to lay hands or eyes on a 201T, of any variation. I have put two carbs on my everyday 200 in the 4 years I've had it, and I bought it used. The last time it started acting up, I pulled the carb, broke it down, blew it out and it did fine for about three months. Started acting up again a couple of weeks ago. I'mma try another good cleaning before replacing it again.

i ran over a quart of mix through mine today
i agree with the throttle response comments, just perfect! no sputtering on start up, no babying to pull the chain, no typical 201t boolshit.
the 1st tank ran out quick for me as well.

TSI work on an amazing snow covered hill. great day. 20ies and cloudy. good working day.

i ran it through a lot of vines. plenty of 5" hangers
i cut some deadfall (white oak/sugar maple)
handled and ran great.

i believe the power is waking up as well but i babied it today.. seating the rings i suppose.

next time tho... it's going to wreck something.

i'm pretty happy.
after one day with it she's got full thumbs up here.

I'd have thought that for TSI work you'd have chosen a rear handled 201c...assuming there is one, I suppose :). My old 200RH is a wood eating mini-monster, love that little beastie.

(sorry long post.)

well i've used a 200 rear handle for TSI work and it's great.

normally i would use my 261.
great.

this was vine control on a pretty steep hillside in the snow so a top handle is pretty nice.
light weight and easy to transport on rough terrain.

but, new toy, i wanted to get some gas in the new saw.

they say 3 tanks to seat the rings and 5-15 to develop full power
that's totally possible doing TSI work

today i climbed all day on an oak prune and used about 3/4 of a tank.

it was really lovely
smooth and definitely coming into its full power.
good action, nice balance with the standard 14" bar
no hiccups on the throttle

on the last big section of the prune i dropped a dead limb and shut off the 201tc
i yelled to my groundman that i would be dropping another then tried to re-start it.
something i do pretty often especially if it's snowing, which it was.
keeping up communication

she wouldn't start up

i pulled probably too many times and flooded the bugger.
i didn't think that would be possible.
i was grumped.
i ended up having to send it down for the 201t we keep in the truck
right back to the bog.
punk 201t.

perhaps 30minutes later, Ground man tried the 201tc and she ran great.
must have been flooded.
kindof annoying.

tomorrow there are 5 oaks to prune and one removal.
i'll report back the days events.

Back