20" VS 24" BAR ?

I honestly never found much diff on long bars cutting oak . Of course oak clears chips well and doesn't clog as bad as say soft maple .

I can't really say much about soft woods as I doubt I've ever cut more than a dozen pine types in my life . The last was about a year ago ,wind fall .I have about 30 foot of log lying next to my shop .About like cutting balsa .

Maybe, but it don't mean much if I'm doing something wrong. I've wondered if the reason I like semi, or full comp on harder wood is cause my grind is a bit aggressive. If I cut Oak, or such with skip, its rougher, and no as fast as a slightly shorter bar with semi using the same grind.

I've discussed this round and round with Russ (Jokers) back when he was at AS. All else being equal, a saw will cut faster and smoother with a full comp chain. More teeth move more chips. Period.

Where all else is not equal is in long cuts, or saws that are a bit out of their powerband.

But LMAO, here's a pic that came up when I Googled full-skip chainsaw!! :lol:

image.php

No Shit? HAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol:

Gary

I think it's even funnier that when you put two pics of you side by side, the beer can in your hand is like a mirror image!!! LMFAO!!! :P:P:P

Sailors old ,new ,retired drink beer ,just the way it is .We can't help ourselves ,salt water does something to us .;)

Back