192 T HELP!!!

• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 30
  • Views 4K
How long ago dod you buy it? Is it still under warranty? If so... take it back to the dealer.

Gary

Wag, you said it was months ago you got it...if it's inside a year, do like Gary says. You don't have to mess with it at all.

BTW, don't buy another one :).

There is a reason why a 192T performance is not in the same as a 200T, the clue is in the modle number :D

Got both and when I have a double climber job I offer my othere climber the choice of saws: he normally picks the 192T staight away! A 192T is what it is, I think its a great little saw for the right jobs (great for reductions) but you would'nt start sectioning down an Oak with one.

Hope you get your saw sorted

Rich

There is a reason why a 192T performance is not in the same as a 200T, the clue is in the modle number :D

Got both and when I have a double climber job I offer my othere climber the choice of saws: he normally picks the 192T staight away! A 192T is what it is, I think its a great little saw for the right jobs (great for reductions) but you would'nt start sectioning down an Oak with one.

Hope you get your saw sorted

Rich

I've found the 192T to be a great saw. I know it doesn't have the power of the 200T, but it's definitely got the Stihl rep and support behind it. I haven't had any problems with mine at all. I just do general maintence on it, change the air filter, sprocket, etc.

Also changed out the bar/chain combo to the .050" gauge. Lost a tiny bit of power, but he durability and the ability to swap the chain with any of our other 4 200's in a pinch is more than worth it.

I see a few Echos ,a few top handle Huskies a lot of 020T's and 200T's but never a 192 . I 'm sure there must be a few around but they must be very few in these parts .

Fact is a few months ago when I had a power pole replaced even the line crew had a 200T .

Back