1 hp air compresser

stehansen

Climbing Up
I have an air compressor which has become an extra and I am testing the waters to see if anyone is interested in it. I suppose it would have to be someone fairly close to me as shipping would be kind of expensive since it is bulky. It is a Ingersoll Rand 1 hp electric 220v or 110, single phase, two stage and I think the tank is 25 gallons. I just went out and took a picture of it and it is really dirty. It comes with the motor controller and a fuse box with the time-delay fuses. It makes 160 lbs pressure. If you set it any higher than that the pressure relief valve opens on the tank. The motor has had the bearings replaced 2 years ago and I put new v-belts on it at the same time. I was given a 5 hp compressor so that's why I don't need this one. It worked really good for cleaning saws and such but the 5 hp is way better when blowing out a radiator or something like that that uses a lot of air. Make me an offer!

I see these alot at the recycle center. It is a good model because parts are readily available. If the tank is not rotten, and the pistons and reeds are good, then it should work for a long time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fasten your seatbelts!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dMv3iTYT0go"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dMv3iTYT0go" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

You have to remember,that's only a 1 HP and two stage.It's not going to be fast but you have 160 psi of air instead of 120 on a single stage.

In my dads stuff there is a 1 HP Quincy that will easily put out enough volume to spray paint continously if another 20 gallon tank is used in series with the little 5 it is setting on.

These are just the size to stick in the corner of a residential garage for light usage of compressed air not something you would use to run a 90 pound jack hammer.

You're right Al. It will air tires or run a impact wrench or clean chainsaws just fine, but if you try to run a DA sander or something that uses a steady amount of air it will run out after a few minutes and take awhile to catch up. But hey it can be had cheap.

Back before I hit the lottery and didn't quite have as much money as Bill Gates,all I had was a 1 Hp pump setting on a 25 Gal,with a 3 HP motor.It was put together with salvaged parts and worked just great. I even had one that used the air pump smog thing from a car with a half horse.

Hey,poor people have to do poor peoples ways.With a little imagination you can make do just fine.:)

Back before I hit the lottery and didn't quite have as much money as Bill Gates,all I had was a 1 Hp pump setting on a 25 Gal,with a 3 HP motor.It was put together with salvaged parts and worked just great. I even had one that used the air pump smog thing from a car with a half horse.

Hey,poor people have to do poor peoples ways.With a little imagination you can make do just fine.:)

I have a buddy that has a cheap compressor mounted with some salvaged motor and it is on a 125 gallon propane tank.

So, you think it's all about you LJ huh? :)

I could probably get her to do something like that. Except I would have to clean the room up before she would go in there. I'm not that clever.

sounds like you were popping popcorn:)
my buddys dad took a truck compressor, an electric motor and a freon tank and made a air compressor once:roll:

Compressor trivia.They used model A Ford engines for about anything you can imagine.They made a special cylinder head that converted the inside two cylinders to compress and ran the outside two as an engine.This was not one of those check valves deals you screw in the spark plug hole.Check in,check out,compressed on every up and down. About 90 psi.

WOW, man that was sure cool, got anymore. Steve, Like a dumbass I watched it twice :lol: . I had a compressor like that served my needs for many years, till I seized the motor by not watching the oil level:|:

This could get bad, we could all download vids of our air compressors running wouldn't that be a trip:lol: Naah, I don't think so.

I hope my electrition friend shows up soon to put in a new bigger service panel with a sub panel so I can finally get my bigger compressor back running along with my welder. Been without those two things for almost two years now.:cry:

Like watching paint dry? 8)

Here is what I did mostly yesterday. 4 hrs of driving the truck.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y91QUOmzmPo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y91QUOmzmPo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I hope my electrition friend shows up soon to put in a new bigger service panel with a sub panel so I can finally get my bigger compressor back running along with my welder. Been without those two things for almost two years now.:cry:

Hey AXE, I just had my Electricutionist out last week. I got My utilities Burried, new 200A panel in the basement and a 125A panel in the garage for the machines to live off of.

I should have the whole mess up and running in a month or so, TOO HAPPY!

Back