Thread: trying to make $ on youtube by the trying to impress w speed of making a mess

TreeHouser

Default trying to make $ on youtube by the trying to impress w speed of making a mess

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Good luck!

TreeHouser Sponsor

I'm not that impressed with the speed in this vid because you take plenty of time to attach your rope to the limbs. That slows down the global pace of the action.
    A sling, a heavy duty biner and a splice at the rope's end would be my choice. By the way, that's what I use, even if I don't try to break the speed records.

TreeHouser

cal me old school..

I had a croby hook, whihc i liked OK. But on many of my trees I move the rigging around quite often, so much it doesn't help that much.

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

Less yapping, more work and possibly, maybe some captioning with the right tunes.
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.

You need a minimum of 1000 subscribers and 4000hrs /yr watched to even qualify for $$$ ... Iirc u get $3-5 per 1000 views ... there are a few guy making a living from it so it is possible, with all the B.B.Rays , Human, August H out there already established it’s gonna be difficult ... good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by Marc-Antoine View Post
    I'm not that impressed with the speed in this vid because you take plenty of time to attach your rope to the limbs. That slows down the global pace of the action.
    A sling, a heavy duty biner and a splice at the rope's end would be my choice. By the way, that's what I use, even if I don't try to break the speed records.
    My go to is similar, but its a rigging plate attached to end of rope w/bowline, then multiple slings/biners to account for multiple small limbs or backups for larger pieces.
    Rope!?!? We forgot the rope?!?! Oh well....

Need more nudity.
    Peter

TreeHouser

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    You need a minimum of 1000 subscribers and 4000hrs /yr watched to even qualify for $$$ ... Iirc u get $3-5 per 1000 views ... there are a few guy making a living from it so it is possible, with all the B.B.Rays , Human, August H out there already established it’s gonna be difficult ... good luck !
    I was just kidding.. it's a reference to something Sean commented about an earlier video. That said I have 9,000 subscribers, and there are trickling in so don't expect to get many more anytime soon. I've been making about 100-110 / month all of which I give to my son. I have had a couple of months in the $200 range, but that's only right after a popular video. Then it drops back down again. We just did 4860 in two days of fairly standard tree work, with a $350 charge for dumpster service.... 30 yards filled to the brim.

Hope that puts the financials in perspective.