Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time to start climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
    Samson tends to have the best price to strength ratio for rope. And there's like a 5-10% coupon code on Tree Stuff "ARBORIST" I think is what it is?
    Welcome KCferry! Also If later on you find splicing interesting Samson double braid polyester climbing ropes are easy to work with.

Kcferry, are you near Skippack PA? There is a good arborist shop called Pennholo you can check out some gear

Kevin, I started climbing in 1967 and did it up until a stroke slowed me down about 3 years ago. Still do it with grand kids occasionally. This is a good site to pick up some tips, especially from the likes of Jerry Beranek and Dave McNeill. I think the times I picked up the most new ideas and good info on using them have been attendance at Tree Climbing Championships, especially the 2 I competed in in 93 and 94. We are not an extremely secretive group when it comes to sharing ideas. You just need to start low and slow and see what works for your abilities and work situations.
    Most of all have fun and be safe. If you enjoy it you will never have to go to work a day in your life.
    Bob Underwood
    Associate Professor Dakota College at Bottineau - Online
    Underwood and Associates - Consultant and Speaker
    Avon, IL