Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Orchard Ladder

TreeHouser Sponsor

Ahhhhhhhhh......

Quote Originally Posted by SeanKroll View Post
    Times like that are for an experienced ladder worker with sound knowledge of how something will fall, from a solid experience base, IMO, far from new guy terrain. Woody, how's your balance in general? Age and falling are not compatible. Ladders are great tools, and clearly high-fall-potential tools.
    yeah, I worked on ladders for 2 years installing windows, storm windows, siding, etc. in early 30's. -- 6' step ladders to 28' extension ladders (with "stand-offs" to push it away from the wall.... wouldn't want to be without them)

but at 65 balance isn't what it used to be.... really getting a "phobia" of ladders because of hearing of cases of falls, (like y'all have posted) etc. especially getting older.

But tieing in.... safely... that seems much different .... i.e. tree climbing (with harness) is safer than climbing ladder (without harness)
    - Robert
    Slowly trying to make a profit in tree work with my neighborhood tree service.
    Thinking I want to become a Certified Arborist.
    www.PoagvilleTreeService.com

I'd go over the edge of the earth on a rope but I really look for any way out of getting on a ladder. My Dad used to have a rickety 16 ft aluminum extension ladder that had a bent leg. It would start shaking and it wouldn't quit until you get off if it. It may be me shaking and carrying through the ladder. Either way I just don't like ladders. But I think an orchard ladder would definitely have its place.

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

I subscribe to the "ladders are the devils spawn" camp.
    Although I concur they an evil necessity of the trade.
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benjo75 View Post
    My Dad used to have a rickety 16 ft aluminum extension ladder that had a bent leg. It would start shaking and it wouldn't quit until you get off if it. It may be me shaking and carrying through the ladder.

Great visual!
    Gary