Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Mini Skids

TreeHouser

My exhaust is on the left. Sean. Ill look to see if i can adjust mine platform, its only a few inches from the ground. Mine has a gas engine kholer 27hp. I wanted a gas engine i no them better then a diesel, and there cheap enough to just buy a new one if this one shits the bed like a drunk college student.

Just don't tip it over. I heard about a gas one catching fire, total loss, when it tipped over. Diesel won't do that as easily.

TreeHouser

Ive tipped it over fwd before while on platform and went over the top of it. I didn't smell any gas but it shut off right away. I have a halon fire extinguisher on it now. Halon will put anything out. But ty for the tip nutball. MB ROCKS.

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

I flopped my ramrod a good few times on its side. Gas. It never lit up. I did light on fire once using a stumpgrinder attachment. And having fine shavings pack in around the exhaust. That sucked but I put it out with one of those dry powder squeeze bottle extinguishers they give you in the woods.

Here I was getting inventive to load some pretty hefty logs for such a small machine. You can kind of see my operator platform. Nice and somewhat protected. Rarely to never walked.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0435.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	95533

Name:	IMG_0434.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	95534

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

Yup, dingo has a fuel shut off valve.
    We are a repeat offender on tipping.
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.

TreeHouser

Ty squisher and cursed. Yall rock.

TreeHouser Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by squisher View Post
    I flopped my ramrod a good few times on its side. Gas. It never lit up. I did light on fire once using a stumpgrinder attachment. And having fine shavings pack in around the exhaust. That sucked but I put it out with one of those dry powder squeeze bottle extinguishers they give you in the woods.

Here I was getting inventive to load some pretty hefty logs for such a small machine. You can kind of see my operator platform. Nice and somewhat protected. Rarely to never walked.

Name:	IMG_0435.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	95533

Name:	IMG_0434.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	95534

That's impressive....to load those toads with that loader.

TreeHouser

I aggre merle that log looks heavy as hell. That lil thing is impressive.

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

It wasn't as easy as just dicing them up and chucking the pieces in(with the loader/bmg) would have been. But I wanted the logs. I chainsaw milled those up and made various things from the wood. Like the floor to the tackroom in my barn comes to mind.

It was worth the effort. Normally all i used for wood loading was the bmg. But in this instance and a few other times I used that sling in the 2nd pic wrapped around the log and the loader quick release plate to hoist one end of a log up and then pushed the log on with the standard bucket. Worked a treat for saving out big logs but where it wasn't worth hiring in a grab truck.

I also at times skipped the bucket and would cut a notch in the end of the log and utilize the mounting plate of the loader to lift and push with. With zero attachments is maximum loader capacity.

Logging background. Use it and abuse it for every bit of anything it's got in it. Lol.

I've only needed to chain up without an attachment a couple times. Have ripped, freehand or CSM, down to moveable log lengths.

Just ordered a dozen 2x8 Alturnamats for the coming wet season, to go with my broken weld.

FWIW
    I've found that I can stack plywood on top of my grapple to move it, or 3+ pieces, I can carry it without piercing it with the grapple, if originally stood on the long edge.

A 4x4 piece of plywood is all I need as a pivot point. Rotates about a point just past the rear idlers, unloaded, and under load, Pivots forward of that/ on the front idlers only with a big load.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.