Motorcycling.

Buzz

AKA Matt :)
Since i had my early mid-life crisis back in January I've been spending as much time on two wheels as i can :D

Here's some pics of a few runs i've done around Wales.

Attachments

• Bike across Wales. 002.jpg
    Bike across Wales. 002.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 270
  • Bike across Wales. 005.jpg
    Bike across Wales. 005.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 270
  • Bike across Wales. 012.jpg
    Bike across Wales. 012.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 276
  • Saturday 13th June. 004.jpg
    Saturday 13th June. 004.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 273
  • Saturday 13th June. 036.jpg
    Saturday 13th June. 036.jpg
    945.3 KB · Views: 244
  • IPhone picture to 020509 091.jpg
    IPhone picture to 020509 091.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IPhone picture to 020509 055.jpg
    IPhone picture to 020509 055.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 193
Ive been thinking about putting my Buell lightening back on the road but every time I do seems to coinside with HUGE tickets :|:

I really want a BMW Adventure, thanks to Hobby Climber posting all those pics. I had a ton of fun on my Suzuki DR650 Definitely will have another bike one day.

Nice pics, I'd like to make it over there to visit someday. I love all the old farms and stone walls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ducati are bringing out a replacement for my bike late this year which is supposed to go head to head with the GS Adventurer !

I'd imagine it'll be no good in the rough stuff but awesome through the twisties.

I have owned both bikes but i traded in the R6 before i lost my licence !

Have got mates i ride with but it's once in a blue moon to be honest.

I have been looking for a decent Norton 750 or 850 Commando of the early 70's vintage. I do love those Ducati's though.

A friend of mine has a Norton, it's only tried to kill him a few times. The last episode was a snapped clutch lever that shot him under a truck.

I have to knock on wood. Never wrecked a bike. Oh, I put a couple down doing about 5 mph to avoid a collision. Just dinged up the clutch and brake leavers is all, not myself. Can't say that about many other people I have known.

I walked away from a 90 mph crash. Well, I rode the thing home actually. My advice is to always wear more than a t shirt if you're planning on scraping down the road.

Not to be a downer or anything but, the people that owned our house before us their son was fooling around with his bike in town and spun a little hooker, caught the tire on the edge of a pothole, flipped it, and hit his head on the curb, killing him. He wasn't really moving just going around in a circle. He was still in high school and his parent's couldn't bear to live here anymore and moved to Oregon. So keep those helmets on guys.

Yeah those Commandos are the prettiest of the British Bikes

It beggars belief the rules on safety in the States.

I couldn't imagine ever riding a sports bike, well any bike to be honest without the proper leathers, helmet, gloves and boots !!

The biggest 2 dangers on a bike are everyone else on the road and your right hand !

World Super Bike at Donnington Park, June 09. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 31
The last picture is Cal Crutchlow who was only 2 seconds off the pace of the 1000cc WSB's on his Supersport 600cc R6. He smashed all the previous track records...

Only remarkable because he did it with a broken ankle and wrist from an accident in the Friday practise session !!

My bike turns me into a werewolf.

I find myself trying to burn everyone through the city streets.

Always telling myself, "Easy buddy".

Love riding my bike.

That's one of the reasons I never got one. I turn into enough of a maniac just on a bicycle.

Back