Work is slow....

PCTREE

Treehouser
So I figured its time to start drumming up some more. Made a video of todays job to put on our website to try to showcase our capabilities. What no-nos do yawl see?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Uqc6H33dx4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think the vid would be more effective if there was some wording that went along with it. People don't know what they are watching. It doesn't have to be a description of the activity being shown, but some little something that reflects your abilities or approach. I guess the website already has that, but still the vid could use something that might help to register in the cerebrum, imo. How about a we take pride in yada yada....

I would not show that..... Using a crane to just bomb shit to ground might send wrong message. Pick one to showcase that uses for finesse

Very cool video! There's some great shots in there, that crane is awesome too! Why did you bomb the tree out and then clean up with the crane? No one wanted to tie in to that tree? Don't blame em, looked pretty dodgy. I agree with Butch I hate cutting while tied into the crane, makes me seasick:cry:

I would think a zero impact (or similar) job would showcase your capabilities in a much better way. The whole reason to highlight a crane, to me, would be the low impact type of job you can do with it; only using it to lift a climber makes it look like he couldn't climb it himself.

As per your request Paul, a no no that comes to mind for me is that the video dosen't make me wish I could pay PC Tree to do tree work for me.

With that, your stated purpose, in mind the whole vid should move the viewer along in that direction and to that end. You know who is masterful at taking the viewer on an emotional journey is August. If you don't want to learn how to do what he does maybe you could hire him to rework some of your footage. But at the least look (and listen) to the vid with that in mind. Every buying decision is an emotional decision. What makes you want to buy a highly skilled service from someone? (A dangerous highly skilled service.) Put that in video.

I love it, great job. But I agree with the others, some other smooth picks, nice yards, over the roof jobs would be better suited. Actually for your website, a general overview of everything you do rather than one job would be more ideal. I would save that video till you have some others to put on Facebook so followers realize you don't crash and bash every job

I'm agreeing with others - not the best example although a great bit of tree work on a nasty tree.

Something smooth, zero impact, showing smiling customers if possible & with a nice tidy after shot too. Nothing adrenalin soaked as you need to instil confidence

Enjoyed watching that, Paul.
I'm a techno Luddite, (no "smartphone" even) but it is interesting to read the constructive comments and perspectives of your peers here.

Very nice vid. Paul. Very nice crane. Would you maybe want to be friends with me?

Pelorus: Lol on the "techno Luddite," bit. Butch had to put in the picture for my avatar, cause I couldn't handle it.

Back to Misery Whips! :rockon:

I am more at a loss on how Paul could possibly be slow for work. Must be fiercely competitive around there.

Before I hang from the ball I'll do this...

Attachments

• -89a1untitled2 (2).jpg
    -89a1untitled2 (2).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 73a1untitled2 (1).jpg
    73a1untitled2 (1).jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 63
Nothing wrong riding the ball.
One other thing about videos, use several shorts from different jobs.....maybe finish scene with absolute spotless yard

Back