Idiots

wiley_p

Climbing Up
Anybody watched Watson and his moronic adventures in the Southern ocean. These guys are the worst in seamanship I have ever seen. Whale wars. Too bad for the whales, these clowns aren't much help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They only hassle the Japs. Iceland, Norway made it VERY clear that any interference would be dealt with in a immediate and harsh manner.
I used to want to go whaling when I was younger, after talking to some guys who had done it, I changed my mind. I used to feel shitty about all the millions of pounds of fish I helped kill every year, no need adding to that.

I know they quit once, I'm pretty sure they started again a couple of years ago.
I tried some whale, it's expensive, but damn tasty. Every now and then one of the fish markets in Seattle can get some.

I've tried watching the show a few times, but they really are so STUPID it's painfull to watch!
Who goes out without ever launching a Zodiac in seas before?
Who goes out with second rate, UNTESTED radio gear?
Do any of them know how to use a GPS, much less how to read a compass?

YES, it's really that bad!

I think Iceland is going to quit again.
They just applied for membership in the EU, and I don't think whalehunting is condoned there.

Bunch of tards for sure. They don't even use proper radio ettiquette and they sure as shit can't navigate.

Should be on comedy central.

I actually got to drink a good single malt with Paul once, Nice guy.

Whale is delicious, raw or cooked. It's easily available here, a result of the whales killed for "research" purposes. I tend to refrain from eating it, but it is good. It particularly makes a good appetizer when having a drink.

...It's easily available here, a result of the whales killed for "research" purposes.

freaking asians really piss me off. Our coast regularly has these asian assholes diving with boats and air and stripping abalone by the hundreds.
Killing tigers for their dicks and rhino for their horns and whales for the meat. They also like to get the big tuna. At least they may die from mercury eating those big fish.
WTF is wrong with them anyway? As a culture they really have demonstrated that they don't give a shit. RPG right at the water line and good bye to them I say.

Don't forget Sharks for their fins... One of natures slowest reproducing creatures.

Oh, you mean the fins don't grow back, when they cut them off and throw the sharks back into the ocean?

Asians are a funny race, Frans. Take Japan for example, on the one hand you have an incredibly sensitive side...flower arrangement, zen, the tea ceremony, the incredible depth of beauty of the morning dew on a leaf, kind of thing, some layers of perception that I can only poke a stick at after many years....then you have the slaughtering thing that you mention, and the jokers stopping their cars and dumping out their filthy ashtrays along the side of the road. I've nearly gotten into fights when seeing that happen. It really is strange.

A lot of it comes down to the form of education, where thinking for yourself is not encouraged. People who've had formal training in the arts or traditional skills, raised in the more aware households, often tend to be of the better "realized" variety. The more common man generally, meh.... not a whole hell of a lot of common sense. Basically, complex cultures.

Whatever. There is a market for the meat. I don't have the level of hardness to kill whales, some folks do. Good for them, I understand it's a real shitty job, hard as hell both physically and mentally. I used to be interested in it, after educating myself with some guys who had decked on both harpoon ships and the butcher vessels I decided it was not for me at all.
My point was/is the Sea Shepards are morons when it comes to seamanship, from what I've seen they are leaderless, inept and it's a wonder they have not killed one of their own people.

It wasn't so long ago here that some entire seaside villages derived their incomes from the whale industry. The ban forked them up good.

They like to say when you ask them about killing whales "But we don't have the land to raise many cows"

They have some of the most expensive beef in the world from what I hear.

I'm going for sushi tonight, sure a heck wont have any whale in it!

Yeah, Jap beef is primo. They really do give the cows beer for the high end meat. EXPENSIVE!!!!

You can get a lot of varieties of imported beef. The imported US beef seems an inferior grade, so they can offer cheap prices. I like the Tasmanian beef, it's good and nearly reasonably priced.

How much do you have to pay in the market for a good steak in the US now?

Back