Boulder jumping

arborworks1

Treehouser
I need some info on some great spots to go bouldering in NC. Some friends are trying to get a trip together for late summer.

Bouldering is somewhere between running, rock climbing, and hiking.

Not sure of the word you're looking for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Guess its bouldering then. Everything I pull up for bouldering is climbing. I'm down for whatever, the crowd I'm going with is trying to find a huge riverbed riddled with rocks to wonder around on.

My buddies and I like to hike up a mountain, drink a bottle of wine, then have a race down trying to stay on rocks the whole time.

Mostly it's a friggin riot, just gotta remember to keep your feet moving and roll if you crash.;)

:D

rock hopping....or talus running. The rocky broad river would work...careful if the river is running, there are a lot of undercuts where people drown.

Talus running or boulder hopping is what I'd call it too. Bouldering (to rock climbers anyway) is free solo climbing short, stupidly difficult routes.

Western Carolina is full of rocky rivers. Tuckaseegee (wrong spelling) at low water would be pretty easy and fun... Linville Gorge... more challenging but a very cool, remote place.

Big Creek in the smokies is awesome.....usually good hoping at low water with some great swimmin' holes. Easy hike too

Bouldering (to rock climbers anyway) is free solo climbing short, stupidly difficult routes.

Best definition I have heard so far. Stupidly difficult. I have seen many where to make them even more stupidly difficult, you start from a sitting or almost laying down position. Oh, and you can't just bring a piece of foam for padding you have to have a ridiculously expensive bouldering mat :roll:

Best definition I have heard so far. Stupidly difficult. I have seen many where to make them even more stupidly difficult, you start from a sitting or almost laying down position. Oh, and you can't just bring a piece of foam for padding you have to have a ridiculously expensive bouldering mat :roll:

when bouldering pads first came out...the hardcores called " maxi-pads" as in for pussies:lol:

now seems like everyone uses em.....bouldering can be hard on the ankles;)

Back