NetFlix

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Anyone use/have an opinion of them? I just got my first DVD in the mail, 10,000 BC.

It seems like a cool thing so far.

My sister and her husband use NetFlix. They have two young kids, so a sitter and all that keeps them from going out all the time, but they've got new movies showing up all the time and they like it.

It's a cool deal as long as they are making money off you. But I've heard that if you start turning around the movies too quickly then they throttle it down and delay sending out your requested flicks. They can't let you get too many movies per month.

I did it for 2 years and then the kids and I just don't sit and watch many movies anymore. It was a good deal when we used it.

I had no problems with them at all... :)

Gary

I've had Netflix for a while now and it seems to be a good deal. Never had any issues with delays like Brian said, even though we sometimes send them back the very next day. Since we don't have regular TV, the Netflix is a good alternative. They have an instant watch program too, but those movies aren't as good.

They also have a lot of TV shows available: I love the Brit stuff like Cracker, Touching Evil, Lynley & Midsomer mysteries, etc..

Been a member for a few years, recently upgraded and am really happy with it.

We do Netflix here the 18.95 plus tax package. Since we don't have regular TV ,movies are our entertainment. We do about 3 movies a week in the mail and then we have unlimited streaming movies that are offered. We swear by it here. Good for both adults and kids... One we like we keep on storage (mostly kids movies). Nice thing too is that they have some TV shows available too like CSI and what not.

We do it here. We can have three movies out at a time. Sometimes we do have delay problems getting them turned around. They have a much better selection than the video rental stores. I, too, like the Brit TV.

Karina and I have the plan that allows us to have 2 DVDs at a time. We are impressed by how fast they ship the movies. I hate having to actually bring the movies back. Now it's super easy.

If you watch movies, you should at least try the free trial.

We like it and their streaming box to tv "Roku"(that even worx at fair quality wirelesly); except the choices are more limited for the Roku. Worst part about it is the amount of cultural ones with subtitles she can find....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Shit, I can't get the streaming movies to work for me. The audio starts up just fine, but the video is choppy and out of sync.

Is this normal?:what:

I get that on my laptop sometimes when I'm far away from the router. Low/slow signal or something like that. My wireless router is out in the garage, so I get a weak signal if I'm upstairs in the house.

Back