WTB rope...

flushcut

TreeHouser
I am just wondering if anybody out there in Da House has a 300' or longer 5/8" or 3/4" double braid, preferably stable braid, for sale?

Are there trees in WI that need a 300ft rope? What's it for?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are there trees in WI that need a 300ft rope? What's it for?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It is for a BIG crispy oak that the custy does not want to pay for climbing and I can't get a skidsteer/truck to because it is down in this steep banked bowl. Soo throw line, about five redirects, and out to the street to yank that sucker into the woods. I have thought about jacks and wedges but I don't think the hinge will hold, and a 6:1 would not be fast enough to keep up with the fall. All the wood stays with not so much as a twig to be removed.
There are some really tall suckers down here on Lake Geneva, Black Point in particular, I flopped a hemlock that was every bit of 120' and on the Wrigley estate OMG are they tall. There are or should I say were cottonwoods to 140', average oak/maple height 100'+.
I mostly am going to use it as a pull line with multiple redirects and need the length. I work in some not so machine friendly congested properties with environmental exclusions (watersheds and such) must run veggie oil bar oil type places.

uses for long rope

It took me over an hour to find a pic for this setup didn't know the exact name of it.
I Have a 600' 5/8 bull rope and have used it in this configuration several times.
Also use as my high-line or speed-line

pasted-image.png

Double whip tackle overhead rigging point without dynamic loading.

Diagram is showing two slings and block on left and middle, with some hardware at the rope termination.

Back