Where to buy carbs for Stihl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks you two... Dang things have gone up obviously... They used to be $65.00. Might just take you up on that Eddie. I will pull a few I have around here and let you have at them. Did you see that spring part number I posted? 1123 122 3000. Is that the same part for the S83 carb? It's the return spring for the throttle butterfly.... Can that be ordered separate? Eddie PM me or email me with your addy and I will pull the carbs in the near future and have you check them.
Thanks again both of you.

Ok here we are again...
I had a new Carb on the old FS 250 that just seized up after 5 years. Was the second one we bought.. The wand is stihl running at almost 6 years and it doubles as a pole saw in fall/winter/spring.
This is #4 FS250 that died after 2 years of which it spent A LOT of time in the shop. Or just ate parts... The last three I bought went through plastic and carbs like Mofo's...
I ordered the piston kit from Bailey's as the part number on the FS250 and the MS200T matched by Stihls IPL.. Guess what... It don't fit.. So next time we are going OEM...
I hope you can see these...
The Piston to arm is diffy... too small on the Baileys kit... So you can't fit the arm to the piston...
Shots of the jug ... all clean and used the scrubby like Al suggested.. Just with Carb and brake cleaner instead of oven cleaner as there was not much carbon. I definitely did not want to pit the plate on the cyl. either just in case.

Attachments

• DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    574.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0042.JPG
    DSC_0042.JPG
    467.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0044.JPG
    DSC_0044.JPG
    439.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0045.JPG
    DSC_0045.JPG
    679.4 KB · Views: 4
Found some blocks that the kids had ;) Worked great for holding the piston up while I slid down the jug over it.
Here is the #2 FS250 that donated the carb... Note the old style HBs Comfy for some. I like the newer style better :)
And BTW I used the tip of the aluminum can for the ring holder.... Worked pretty cool :D
Sorry no pics of that .... My hands were busy ;)

The rings fit good and the Piston was ok... So I used oven cleaner and a scrubby to decarbon the piston... lubed the bearings and since I had ordered OEM gaskets, pin and clips... welllllllll, NP. Then I oiled the piston and rings in the cyl. with some 2 stroke oil... With the plug out, turned the crank a few slow and gentle... Then started the reassembly.

Attachments

• DSC_0043.JPG
    DSC_0043.JPG
    701 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0046.JPG
    DSC_0046.JPG
    607.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0047.JPG
    DSC_0047.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0048.JPG
    DSC_0048.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    510.7 KB · Views: 3
Installed the new carb after a cleaning and gaskets etc. Unfortunately our compressor decided to stop working.... Guess that will be my next lil project :|:
Of course you have to have the appropriate beverage whilst doing "home work" :D:/:

Attachments

• DSC_0049.JPG
    DSC_0049.JPG
    725.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0050.JPG
    DSC_0050.JPG
    677.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0051.JPG
    DSC_0051.JPG
    848.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0052.JPG
    DSC_0052.JPG
    799.7 KB · Views: 4
Now I don't have a Tach yet... But here we have the "runner" set by ear. I will have her tuned in the AM at the local guys shop for break in... Then we will start on the next one...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUHWeE_I800&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUHWeE_I800&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Never mind the smoke BTW... Just a lil oil spillage on the case ;)

Good work. I had to replace the piston and jug on an 088 once and it pushed the limits of my mechanical disabilities. I can sort of tune a carb by ear so the saw doesn't blow up, but beyond that they're a total mystery to me.

Out in the yard on a mulch bed, that's hard core! I lose too many screws if I don't have a workbench to lay everything out. Even a sheet of plywood on a couple sawhorses will work in a pinch, with a couple plastic containers to hold small parts.
:)

I used the lids off the spray cans to hold the parts... LOL
The cardboard to keep the parts clean..
Every time I have a piece of plywood it gets used for a chicken coop or sumptin:lol:
We will have a shop someday... This was seriously on the fly as we lost a Brusher today... So I had to get busy;)
Hillbilly at his finest ;):lol::lol::lol:

The rolling rock is not bad suds if it is ice cold .If it gets the least bit warm though,refer to the picture of a horse on the bottle.That will give you a clue as to the taste .

Made in LaTrobe PA ,in the Laurel highlands .

Back to the engine .I'm like B in a way.I misplace way too many parts to ever disassemble an engine in a flower garden .

Truly warm is a no no with the Rolling Rock.. But these were ice cold... :)
Ya just need some cardboard an cups Al ... ;)
I can't wait till I have a real shop to do all this in... It is in the works, pretty much a pole barn. We have a couple other places I could set up but everyone clutters them here and we had to empty out one of them next door. I had a whole project room over there. But... We are going to make a vacation rental out of the other house so I lost that one:|:
Man do I have a list of things I am going to stock that shop with... Compressor is at the top of the list as the lil one just died :(

The beer isn't that big of a deal .Fact is I never sip and wrench at the same time anyway .Typical male ,I can only focus on one thing at a time .

I get so involved wrenching on things sometimes I can't even find a screwdriver that could be in my pocket at the time . I just can't do a good job unless I'm in a shop type situation and sometimes not even then . Fact is,sometimes I've just got to walk away if I get frustrated when things aren't going my way .--I might add,that happens often .:(

I have always been that way too Al... Get frustrated walk away and not think about it.... Usually a solution will present itself. Then ya just sit there and wonder why ya didn't think of that before... ??

HAHAHA its all good Gary... I check Ebay from time to time... Not much there for what I got thus far... But I always check when I am scoping on some rope deals..

Good news today.... I got to go through the dead carb box at the dealer today and I think I found some donors for that pesky spring that I was told you can't just order. Unless ..... Some one out there knows better my brothers! So I am going to play with these three freebies and probably have another up and running after I get another piston kit.. this time OEM.

Now... The other thing I am thinking is a rebuild that gets a lil port and polish job... What say ye? I bet we could get one of these to scream meemies... Maybe some muffler mod? Eliminate gasket? This could be fun... :D

I can't say that I've ever souped up a weedwacker/clearing saw whatever it is . A two cycle is a two cycle so it shouldn't be that big of a deal to enhance one a tad bit .

That's what I am thinking Al.. Just like a saw... mo power is better! The FS250 is 40cc and one of the best cutting (if not the best) brusher/weed wacker on the market in it's class. I run blades on them, power scythe and string. Use them for thinning small trees to... Like a hot saw with handle bars.. :D Head speed is as important as torque. My Echo's are all torque... the Stihls are a nice blend of both... Why not make it hit 11 ;) :D

Back