What is the best all-around Arborist boot?!?!

Have any of you ever tried to put a saw to an old pair of "Chainsaw protection" boots, just to see how much it actually protects?

my personal favourites are the air streams , good for climbing , great for spikes , incredibly waterproof and breathable(never let a drop through).
the only complaint is that they can get a little cold but thats it.
for pruning and deadwooding i use scarpa pro ascents.

Air streams are great for pruning , but useless for spikes as the sole is too soft. I wore them out in 9 months- waste of money

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool, never heard of em. I'll look em up.
Tangos Chainsaw boots by Drayer are great.
bulh.JPG

jycx.jpg

Great for any type of climbing or all groundwork. By far the best work boot I've ever worn. I've worn them everyday for the last couple months.

Military boots-Russian or otherwise- are usually a decent work boot even if not the absolute best for a specific task,

IMO for ultimate chainsaw protection, you have to just be sure to not saw your foot.... a saw will cut through a steel toe. Just sayin.

I picked up a pair of Viking rubber calk boots with steel toe & chainsaw pro for about $150 and i love them for winter ground work.

Haven't climbed in hiking boots yet, though I do a lot of spikeless climbing, I have heard good things in the past about Asolo's, but maybe they have dropped in quality like everything else.

I am wearing some mutts - White's smokejumper/lineman hybrid rebuilt by Hoffmans....

I am about to order some Hoffman Dri-Line lineman boots to get me through this winter's removals.

The Chippewa Super Loggers (USA) are OK, but you can just get the Hoffmans for $50 more.

In my opinion, there is really no all-around boot in a winter climate.

Back