web page design

sotc

Dormant hero!!
so heres what theyve come up with as a home page preview. its the first attempt and i think it looks great except my main color is yellow in all my other marketing. look it over and let me know what you think please

Attachments

• sotreecare.design.1.jpg
    sotreecare.design.1.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 19
Looks good, I have a Little trouble reading the links at the top of the page. This is without putting my glasses on, the colors seem to blend together. This might be a problem for older people. Where is your arborist certification number? I think you should have this on there.
Mike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
good points chisel, thanks.
butch, its going to cost about 1000 bucks when its all done. thats purchasing the domain www.sotreecare.com , building the web site, telephone support, google listing and i dont know what all else

I would ask to see what'd it'd look like with more yellow. I love my SO Tree Care t shirt!!!

That picture on the home page, where did it come from? I swear I've seen that before. Is it from a job you did?

love
nick

no i think thats a pretty famous pic from somewhere in the u.s.
i havent given them any photos yet
glad you like the shirt and i think i will have them save this one and try it in yellow

im working on the text for the home page, this is what ive got so far. any input would be appreciated

Home Page
Page Title: an honest tree service

Southern Oregon Tree Care, LLC serves the Rogue valley and surrounding region with professional work for residential, commercial and municipal clients. As a small company we’re able to provide a level of personalized service and attention to detail that the larger firms simply cannot match. As a fully staffed and equipped company, however, we can tackle the large contracts as well.

How We Can Help You
We can offer you a wide array of services, including:
• expert pruning and removals
• stump grinding
• emergency storm work
• brush chipping
• arborist reports
• cabling and bracing
• organic soil amendments

Learn more about all of our services [Link to Services Page]

[Include TCIA and ISA member/certified arborist logos and certification number on Homepage]

Our Services Page
Page Title: Our Services

Tree Pruning
pruning can serve two purposes, hazard reduction and maintenance. Hazard reduction can get rid of branches that might compromise the structural integrity of the tree; maintenance can make your tree more aesthetically pleasing. We offer both services, in order to keep your trees healthy and attractive.
These are the industry standards for pruning that we follow
Crown cleaning — The selective removal of one or more of the following items: dead, dying or
diseased branches, weak branches and watersprouts
Crown thinning — The selective removal of branches to increase light penetration, air
movement and to reduce weight
Crown raising — The removal of the lower branches to provide clearance
Vista pruning — The selective thinning of framework limbs or specific areas of the crown to
allow a view of an object from predetermined spot
Crown restoration — Should improve the structure, form and appearance of trees which have
been severely headed, vandalized or storm damaged.
*we do not wear climbing spikes when we prune, only on removals. It unnecessarily makes many wounds that may allow pests or disease to easily enter the tree. At the very least it makes unsightly holes that the tree must use its energy to repair.

Tree Takedown and Removal
We pride ourselves in removing trees in a careful and efficient manner, minimizing waste and invasiveness in your landscape.

Cabling and Bracing
Certain trees may lose their structural integrity, due to poor structure. Cabling and bracing may help support a tree, and can help you avoid having to remove the tree in the near future. We offer two types of cabling systems to fit the situation at hand. All cables should be inspected annually, it is your responsibility to schedule an inspection with us!

Stump Removal
Stumps can be an unsightly blemish on an otherwise stately landscape. Let us help you restore your property to its full glory by grinding them out so you can replant or otherwise make full use of your yard

Emergency Storm Work
We can immediately and safely remove downed trees and limbs from your home, vehicle or other property. Please call, if you reach us after hours just leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible. 772-0404

Brush Chipping
Were happy to come and chip your clean brush pile. Were sorry but we cannot chip piles with dirt or metal in them. Nor do we haul off trash.

Arborist Reports
Some cities require certified arborist reports to remove trees in their city limits. We offer a basic arborist report with photos after a site visit. call for current pricing.

Organic Soil Amendments
sometimes in new developments soils can be barren or in older properties soils can be compacted and depleted. We offer a soil injection with 20 species of mycorrhizae, 2 Species Trichoderma, some biostimulants and other beneficial bacteria to help get your soil started. We typically recommend annual light mulching so that your soil can thrive and help your trees and shrubs get the nutrients they need.

Lol a 'honest tree service in Rogue Valley' now that's funny!:lol:

Looking good Willie, just razzing ya.:P

Crown restoration — Should improve the structure, form and appearance of trees which have
been severely headed, vandalized or storm damaged.

Cabling and Bracing
Certain trees may lose their structural integrity, due to poor structure. Cabling and bracing may help support a tree, and can help you avoid having to remove the tree in the near future. We offer two types of cabling systems to fit the situation at hand. All cables should be inspected annually, it is your responsibility to schedule an inspection with us!

Willie I would change the 'Should' in your Crown restoration description to something else like 'will' or 'in order to' or something. Should to me sort of implies maybe or maybe not?

And in the Cabling and Bracing at the end I'd lose the exclamation mark, but that's just me.

8)

Looks great! Should have'em make it as a dynamic/not static web page; so you can edit yourself from an xml file or something (even pics)

ken, it will be something i can do and they will help me to learn how to make changes, add pics etc.

right you are squish on the shall, i was going from memory but i dug out my a300 books. might make several changes to that part now.

Back