Weaver Bridges (Cougar Saddle)

Sounds like he's making the best of his situation. Me I would have trouble keeping the saddle but thats just me.

I did the Liger conversion to my Couger and have no issues other than I had to spend some extra money to do it, but knowing I can inspect and change the bridge at anytime is a plus. I've climbed in it about 4 times and really like it, the extra length in the bridge is really nice and also makes it easier to get in and out of. I didn't use the ct plates I used the petzel paw s and am using tachyon for my bridge. I guess time wil tell
Ben
IMG_0438.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They told me they are developing one now... CMI rigging plates I believe they mentioned. I also spoke with one of their consultants, Eddie Sarraco or something ?not sure on the last name?, he said the same thing.

Ben, the only thing I didn't like about the way you have it configured is that when the bridge was weighted, for me, it cammed the plates outwards and the knots inward, making the knots hard to see, and the bridge adjuster straps/ leg loop straps all got a heavy kink in them.

Looking at your set up, if you think of it with the holes numbered 1-4, with the bridge adjuster being in hole 1, the bridge in hole 2, leg loops in hole 3 and the big hole as 4; It might be worth trying it with the bridge adjuster straps in 2 and the bridge in 1. That way when you hang suspended the harness workings are actually underneath the bridge, also everything will lay inline better IMO.

How are the surfaces on those PAWs, nice and round? Petzl usually makes great stuff and the red looks nice!

Hope you like the conversion, I love having that extra attachment point up front.

Nick

Nick
Ya the paws are pretty nice and the surfaces are smoothed over nice and no blunt edges on the holes. The plates don't really turn that much when I'm fully suspended but I'm going to try the way you mentioned. I'll let ya know how it works.

Ben

Nick
So I tried the plates how you suggested and didn't have that great of results. When you move you bridge ajuster to the middle hole (#2) and run the bridge in the top hole (#1) when fully suspended the rigging plate wants to turn/ lift away and push the bottom hole (#3) into your thigh due to the ajuster being below bridge. So in turn making hole 2 a pivot point. I hope I described this well enough sometimes my description skills aren't the greatest:tard:

Ben

Huh, they way you are describing the turning is what I experienced when I had it set like your original picture.... Maybe the lengths of everything or just our bodies are different. All that really matters is that you like how ever you keep it set up, not how I use it :)

Ya not sure but maybe the plates are different, but all I know is this conversion makes this saddle a much better performing saddle. All I can hope is that someone from Weaver is reading threads like this and following through with a design like the conversion. If they don't do something I cant see to many people or companies purchasing the couger.

Ben

Back