Want to purchase MS 200T

hey jim. do you know about the deals cannings does on ex nmit saws? might be cheaper than an import. might not be too. damn pirates.

They have gone up in the US!!
I just bought one Friday 16" bar and it was $609 USD before tax. I can ship one in the states about anywhere for $35 USD, but no clue what shipping to AU would be.

They have gone up in the US!!
I just bought one Friday 16" bar and it was $609 USD before tax. I can ship one in the states about anywhere for $35 USD, but no clue what shipping to AU would be.

I see you and I were both helping Sthil move some inventory. I bought a new MS 200 T on Friday also. I am not saying what I paid for mine. The good old dealer I have didn't make a dime on it. I felt sorry for him and made up by buying extra parts and a Sthil carving bar with 1/4 in chain for one of my 020 AVP's. I still walked out of there with a good deal.

I was hoping to put this purchase off till later in the season. The bite wouldn't hurt so much but the other 200's we have been running need some serious shop time and parts. I don't have the time to be working on saws right now. So I just bit the bullet and got a new one earlier than I wanted to.

J trouse, list price on that saw is about $ 619.00 give or take plus any retail state sales tax. Which of course will up the price. I don't have a clue either what shipping would be to down under. I am sure there is some extra paper work involved like custom forms to fill out. If I was to guess at shipping about $75 to $ 100 US bucks would get the job done.

Shipping to AU isn't that bad. I've sent a couple saws down there. If you have someone buy it and send it to you, have them put "gift" on the customs form to avoid tarriff and taxes. :/:

Well,ahem ,the last time an ms 200 t was asked for on this forum,also from a certain unnamed person in Australia the whole thing turned into a giant pizzen match if I recall correctly .

I'm not suggesting this may be the case here but I certainly wouldn't like to see a repeat performance of the prior .:what:

Well,ahem ,the last time an ms 200 t was asked for on this forum,also from a certain unnamed person in Australia the whole thing turned into a giant pizzen match if I recall correctly .

Nah, that was me who sent it, and he was totally cool about it. His check got held up in my bank and the bankers were being asses about it, so he overnighted me cash in the mail to make it right. I sent him two saws and a carb I think. I think it was about $40 a saw to send them US Global Priority Mail. Took about two weeks to get down there if I remember correctly.

I sent one to Awesome Climber a year or so ago. I don't remember but I think it was about $50 to ship the whole works. I took it all apart so it looked more like spare parts.

Yeah, the post office never looked inside either saw. I just labeled it gift, and they asked if it was dangerous, fragile, or perishable, and it was good to go.

The Stihl dealer here has the MS200T 16 in. bar and the MS361 20 inch bar on sale. Your choice, $539.95. I was going to buy the MS361, but bought the MS441 28 in. bar for $739.95 instead.

The dealer here is only selling the complete unit on sale. To buy the powerhead only would cost more. I already inquired about that.

I took it all apart so it looked more like spare parts.

Does that make a difference?

I don't think you would need to go to that extent Butch... The MS361 i sent to the squish-man was in one piece minus the bar (which I sent in a seperate package), and it went through customs to Canadaland no prob.

I did mark "gift" and instead of "saw parts", I put "parts saw" so that way it would sound like i was sending something that he could use for parts.

Whether or not that is even needed is questionable. But I woulnd't think you should have to tear a saw down to ship it internationally.

Gary

I shipped a bunch of new carbide tooling into Canada recently which I listed as a gift.No problems . I don't know if that would work for Australia or not .

I don't think you would need to go to that extent Butch... The MS361 i sent to the squish-man was in one piece minus the bar (which I sent in a seperate package), and it went through customs to Canadaland no prob.

I did mark "gift" and instead of "saw parts", I put "parts saw" so that way it would sound like i was sending something that he could use for parts.

Whether or not that is even needed is questionable. But I woulnd't think you should have to tear a saw down to ship it internationally.

Gary

Gary they did hit me up for duty the cheap bastads. I asked why and the post office employees reply was 'I dunno if ya want to dispute it call this number blah, blah, blah'. Upon further questioning apparently it's hit and miss with getting charged the duty or not.

This duty is a bunch on nonsense .Since those idiots passed NAFTA I would think this taxation would not apply .

It seems perfectly legal in those peoples opinion to ship goods from the Asian Pacific rim companys to Mexico and relabel them to avoid dutys .Then they want to tax the dickens out of people on a trival little thing like a saw or something .:what:

Another case where us small people get boned and corporations profit. Did NAFTA do anything good for any of you? When GW Bush was touting NAFTA it sounded like a load of shit to me, but his take was it was going to be good for the country!! I thing he meant good for the corporations.

Gary they did hit me up for duty the cheap bastads. I asked why and the post office employees reply was 'I dunno if ya want to dispute it call this number blah, blah, blah'. Upon further questioning apparently it's hit and miss with getting charged the duty or not.

Well that sucks Justin... I thought that sending through the USPS like we did would alleviate that...

The bastids.

Hmm...:what:

Gary

Glad you are happy with it... that muffler mod really wakes up the 361...

The removeable spark screen in that hole is the stock screen from a TS460 cutoff saw I believe.... so it is available from any Stihl dealer.

Andy designed it that way. :thumbup:

Gary

I sent one to Awesome Climber a year or so ago. I don't remember but I think it was about $50 to ship the whole works. I took it all apart so it looked more like spare parts.

Hey Nick, how are you buddy??

Nick did a FANTASTIC job sending me a saw...
I was to get a "margay" for those that remember, what a fiasco that all was.
Nick saved the day.

I also got lots of lollies, dont know if that helped at customs??lol..

I see 2 Aussies on board, hi lads, down in Melbourne i see, i think you will both be sitting today out due to the weather, like me..

It was shitloads cheaper from the USA, they are about AU$1500.00 over here.
Mine got smashed under 6 tons of yellow box in a truley bizzare incident (sorry Nick).
and got into another one the next day, at full retail price.

Keep your eyes on ebay (au) they pop up from time to time, this one might be cheap?
Hmmmm.. ill post this and get you a link in a sec, cheers Derek.

Attachments

• sorry Nick.jpg
    sorry Nick.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 10
  • Aussie, treats from usa.jpg
    Aussie, treats from usa.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 52
  • screensaver.jpg
    screensaver.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 52
  • got new ones.jpg
    got new ones.jpg