Utility Bills

Well if you've done that then it wouldn't be a guess whether they read the meter wrong or not. You'd know.:P

We are on an electrical co-op and the rates are exactly the same as anybody elses in the area . We read our own meters and send the readings with our payment .Now on several occasions we have submitted a wrong reading ourselves .

That wouldn't seem so extraordinary except for the fact that the meters are digital and not dial type . As they say ,things happen .

Most of the in town stuff any more,gas,water and electric use radio repeaters to collect the billing .A mis- read on that system is very rare .

About once a year someone from the electric company comes out to my shop to check for "leaks". I'm not sure what those are, but could they be showing up on an electric bill by loosing electricity that isn't powering anything?

About once a year someone from the electric company comes out to my shop to check for "leaks".
I have no idea how they do things in Japan .However in the US of A they know exactly how much power goes into a grid or sector and how much gets billed for .

Every so often some smart arse tries to beat the system by bypassing the meter and other little tricks .If it's a tiny amount they don't go on an I spy mission to find out where it went .If it's a large amount they will use several methods ,infrared detection is one of them .

Intentionaly defrauding a utility company is a criminal offense and if nothing else carries a giant fine .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, they reread the meter and they'd made a mistake. The true bill is 222 bucks, and THAT'S a lot more in line. Sweet.

Well that's good .222 is plenty but you have to consider where you are at .Hot swelterly weather in summer time .

You taper off in the winter months whereas us northerners bills generaly increase with cold weather .

Now my bills will be next to nothing the months of Sept and Oct unless we get really strange weather .

Back